CRM

Edyta7510
Guide

Report / List tracking changes on deal values

SOLVE

Hi, 

How can I pull a report/list that will show me all changes on team deals within the last 14 days (or a similar period)? 

I will need to know the previous value, current value, the delta between these. 

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

Thank you for sharing this context. Would it be an option to look at the timeline of each deal? This tracks the deal activity, communication and has all of the information. If one is interested in the detailed changes in some properties, even that could be access via the View property history button in the left sidebar. It would be a different approach than going through a spreadsheet, I know, but maybe it's acceptable to say goodbye to an older manual process?

You could work of a filtered deal view as an overview. For the detailed changes, during the team review meetings, you could click on a deal and see the recent changes. It still won't give you the change in deal amount at a glance but this information would be available through the View property history option, by typing in "amount" in the search bar on the upper right.

Trying to replicate the exact behavior of the spreadsheet is unfortunately not going to be feasible. It's just not how HubSpot works.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

For one property specifically, you could use the View property history option in the left sidebar. This will give you a full log of property changes which you can filter by searching for a property 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler just to follow-up on this, I also found this thread on the community: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Automatic-deal-note-updates/td-p/291219 

I'll test this one - create a custom property (Updates) and set its value depending on different triggers (changes in line items, total value change, etc). 

This should already give some high level info as additional column on the deal filter view, and, depending on the need, sales VPs will be able to dig deeper on each deal (using property history) + notes on the activity feed. 

I guess cannot do more than that for now 🙂

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

For one property specifically, you could use the View property history option in the left sidebar. This will give you a full log of property changes which you can filter by searching for a property 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Prior to HubSpot deployment, deal data was stored in xls spreadsheet (yes, that's true).  

Any change on a deal (quantity, unit price, billing period, etc.) was stored as a comment on the cell (1 cell = 1 deal) and the cell was highlighted in yellow. During bi-weekly team reviews, they used to look at these yellow cells (as these were the ones on which there were some updates over the past 2 weeks). Comments made it clear what these changes were exactly. 

It was a very simplistic approach to tracking changes obviously, but it did the trick for the team. 

I'm now struggling to imagine how we can make it easy for them in HubSpot. 

I can of course pull the list of deals that were updated over the last week or so, but they would need to go through each property to see what changed. Not very easy. 

Any thoughts on this will be really appreciated! Big thanks!

Edyta

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

Thank you for sharing this context. Would it be an option to look at the timeline of each deal? This tracks the deal activity, communication and has all of the information. If one is interested in the detailed changes in some properties, even that could be access via the View property history button in the left sidebar. It would be a different approach than going through a spreadsheet, I know, but maybe it's acceptable to say goodbye to an older manual process?

You could work of a filtered deal view as an overview. For the detailed changes, during the team review meetings, you could click on a deal and see the recent changes. It still won't give you the change in deal amount at a glance but this information would be available through the View property history option, by typing in "amount" in the search bar on the upper right.

Trying to replicate the exact behavior of the spreadsheet is unfortunately not going to be feasible. It's just not how HubSpot works.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler thanks for this additional input! 

I am very much in favor of saying goodbye to an old process 🙂 and I obviously understand it's not possible to replicate the exact behavior of an xls. 

• Your first suggestion - deal timeline - it's useful, however, it will not reflect any updates on line items (quantity, etc), nor other deal properties. 
  • I really like the filtered deal view though. I created a view to show deals that were modified in the last 14 days. This will need to be coupled with reviewing of property history.
  • The question that still remains though is: how can we track the actual value of such changes? ie. It is important to know whether the value dropped by 10M or increased by 5M (I'm sure you get the point). 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

If you're referring to multiple properties, I can't think of a way that notes would help here. What exactly is the request from the VP of sales? This seems like a problem that could be solved in a slightly different way by stepping back and approaching it from a different angle.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

Which property / properties are you interested in specifically?

As far as I know, this type of reporting is not possible at this stage. HubSpot reports can only display the latest value in a property. If you want to report on these changes, the only option that I know of would be an export of the property history. Navigate to Settings > Properties > find property > hover over property and click More and you should see this dropdown:

karstenkoehler_0-1624451830153.png

When you export the history, you will see previous values in columns of the Excel file, to the right.

Alternatively, this can probably be achieved with development and the HubSpot API.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler this is really a struggle for me unfortunately. Exporting this for many deals is not the fastest/easiest way to manage. Our sales VP needs that on a weekly basis. As an alternative, I was thinking that I could ask the team to log any changes in the "Notes" section, but would it be able to export "notes" in some kind of report? 

0 Upvotes
KBarbera

SOLVE

@Edyta7510 Did you ever determine a solution to this problem? I am facing the same request from our CEO to see deal changes and I can't find a simple way to export it without going line by line.  I'm interested in any solution you found!

0 Upvotes