CRM

AMaier44

Removing old contacts removes the historical deal information

SOLVE

I would like to clean up our data, specifically with contacts that are no longer with the company that we have in HS, by removing them from the system. However, if the contact was ever associated with a deal, I don't want to remove that historical information and have a bunch of closed deals without contact information on them. Is this something anyone has dealt with before? Any ideas would be appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AMaier44,

In that case, when deleting contacts, you would have to make sure to exclude contacts where "Number of associated deals is greater than or equal to 1" - that way you would only delete contacts that aren't associated to deals.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AMaier44,

Which information exactly would you like to retain?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
AMaier44

SOLVE

The contact that we worked with on the deal. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AMaier44,

In that case, when deleting contacts, you would have to make sure to exclude contacts where "Number of associated deals is greater than or equal to 1" - that way you would only delete contacts that aren't associated to deals.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AMaier44

SOLVE

That's what I have done but would you suggest doing more than marking their Status = Inactive. Maybe opting them out of communication or adding to a surpression list so that they aren't pulled into list for marketing? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@AMaier44 that depends on how exactly you're managing your subscription lists. Theoretically, a contact associated deal shouldn't be ending up accidentally in a marketing list - unless they've consented into receiving this type of email before. (My reply does not constitute legal advice.)

But yes, if you want to make sure they don't receive emails, bulk unsubscribing them would be a good option. This could also be done via workflow: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/records/manage-your-subscription-preferences-and-types

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes