CRM

Qtom
Participante

Removing massive amount of bad imports

resolver

So, I happened to import 12,000+ contacts and well...It's all bad data. 

I've searched for the forum, but I can see how to filter by created date and delete 100 at a time, but you can imagine how long this will take. 

Is there any way to do a massive bulk delete? 

Thanks, everyone. 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @Qtom

Any time you check the box at the top of a contact filter or list, an option will appear allowing you to select all the contacts in the list. Once you have them all selected, you can do a mass delete. 

This is described in more detail here: How to delete a list of contacts under the section '3. Delete contacts in your list'

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

6 Respuestas 6
bradmin
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @Qtom. Go to the lists tool, and click the Imports button to find your prior imports. Select the appropriate list, and from the Contacts tab on that list, click the checkbox which selects all contacts on screen. Then, choose the "select all" option to select all other contacts on the list, then delete. 

If you need a record of the import in your portal, create a static list instead, and make its criteria anyone who's a member of the import, then repeat the above steps. This option is not available from a smart list, so ensure you're selecting a static list when you build.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

@bradmin

?? Don't all imports auto-create a static list (by default). ??

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
bradmin
Asesor destacado

resolver

@MFrankJohnson, yes, absolutely. My own preference, even on a goof, is to use the static list approach. I can put a unique name on the list which indicates it was used for deleting the import, and stuff it into a folder of lists for one-time uses, just to keep things straight.

That's my own personal preference, and isn't any more valid than simply doing the same from the imported list itself. I'd just rather keep the import and clean-up job separate, but it's immaterial as far as the functionality of the deletes are concerned. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

@bradmin>"I can put a unique name on the list which indicates it was used for deleting the import, and stuff it into a folder of lists for one-time uses, just to keep things straight."

Yes. Thank the data gods for organized minds. Can always use more of those. haha

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @Qtom

Any time you check the box at the top of a contact filter or list, an option will appear allowing you to select all the contacts in the list. Once you have them all selected, you can do a mass delete. 

This is described in more detail here: How to delete a list of contacts under the section '3. Delete contacts in your list'

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Qtom
Participante

resolver

Awesome! 

I didn't even notice it, but after I selected it, the "Select all XXXXXX contacts" was in the table area... I was expecting it to be in the same heading area as the checkbox with options, which is why I missed it. 

Got it! 

Thanks for all the replies!

0 Me gusta