CRM

daveon
Contributor

Removing context from leads (new Prospecting view)

SOLVE

Hi,

I like the prospecting view but I don't quite follow how I can use leads. My problem is this - we have all users of our product in our CRM and some are customers but I can't see to mark them as customers and have them disappear from the leads view? 

They are clearly marked as a customer so why are they appearing as leads too? How do I remove customers from this view so I can focus on actual leads I am working?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @daveon,

Have you made sure that you're lead settings are only pulling in non-customer lifecycle stages? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/prospecting/set-up-leads#configure-leads-settings

If yes, can you check if someone has created a workflow that creates leads? If this workflow is set up incorrectly (e.g. pulling in customers), that would explain why leads are also created for customers.

Similarly, if you want to clean up leads that are associated to customers, you could bulk disqualify them (deletion is unfortunately not a bulk option) using a workflow like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1709098057116.png

Alternatively, on the lead index page, click "Edit columns" on the right, click "Source lifecycle stage", then sort by this column and delete all leads that have the source lifecycle stage "Customer".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @daveon,

Have you made sure that you're lead settings are only pulling in non-customer lifecycle stages? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/prospecting/set-up-leads#configure-leads-settings

If yes, can you check if someone has created a workflow that creates leads? If this workflow is set up incorrectly (e.g. pulling in customers), that would explain why leads are also created for customers.

Similarly, if you want to clean up leads that are associated to customers, you could bulk disqualify them (deletion is unfortunately not a bulk option) using a workflow like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1709098057116.png

Alternatively, on the lead index page, click "Edit columns" on the right, click "Source lifecycle stage", then sort by this column and delete all leads that have the source lifecycle stage "Customer".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes