Removing built-in field

OliverMUK

Hi

Is it possible to somehow hide, or remove, a built-in field? I want to remove the Amount field of a Deal. 

All our deals have three Amounts, it's down to how our services are bundled. What I would like to do is create Amount1, 2 and 3. Which I've done. I'd then like to create a TotalAmount as a calculated field, and I can see how to do that. 

I'd also then like to remove the existing Amount field, as it's confusing. 

Any cunning way to achieve that?

5 Replies 5
Krystina
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @OliverMUK , 

You can indeed "hide" a default HubSpot field, and you do so by removing it from the default property views your team sees on deal, company or contact records. 

In your portal, navigate to settings > properties > records customizations > deal record left sidebar > edit > deal information > and then unckeck "amount."

Hope this helps!

Best, 

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.28.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.29.06 AM.png

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
OliverMUK

Thanks for the response. 

That works, but what I've noticed is that the Pipeline now shows £0 for each deal, as the default Amount field isn't being used. 

Is there a way to get the Pipeline using my custom Amounts, or get the default Amount field edited to be a calculation of my three custom Amount fields?

Olly

0 Upvotes
Krystina

Unfortunately, the only formulatic field which will perform reporting calculations is the default "Amount," field.

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
0 Upvotes
Caroline2
Participant

We have several fields we want removing that we do not need such as products, quotes. It would be good tohide these from view so the only field the sales team need are what they willbe using 

0 Upvotes
Krystina

Hi @Caroline2 

I hear ya! The best way to do this is to "hide" the fields as mentioned in my post above from January. 

Cheers, 

Krystina Gillenwater
0 Upvotes