CRM

Chogg

Removing Leads & Messing Up Reporting

SOLVE

Our pipeline is set up to include Leads (unqualified but targeted), Prospects (qualified) and Opportunities (Qualified and in a decision window). Because of this, we start by creating a deal for each leads and begin an email and task sequence to make contact and qualify them, If after the conclusion of the email sequence they dont respond or dont qualify we have historically deleted the deal. It appears this may be messing with our reporting ie. next step conversion and win/loss %

M question is how do I remove the leads without screwing up our conversion numbers? Do all deleted deals need to go to Closed Won or Closed lost to have everything work correctly?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MAC-MCB
Solution
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Chogg.

To give you the best insight into your pipeline, my clear recommendation would be for you to select these leads as "lost" and choose a reason that is unique.
For example "No contact".

In your report, you choose to sort leads from those that are closed with the reason "No contact".
This still gives you insight into a pipeline that you can work with dynamically.

As an extra, I would suggest you set up a workflow that informs the seller who is assigned to the lead with reason "No contact" to contact again about e.g. 90 days.

Hope the answer can be used so you can get a clean insight into your pipeline.

Best regards

Martin Christiansen
MCB.DK 

Best Regards

Martin Christiansen

www.mcb.dk

Tlf.: 7012 4816 . Mobil: +45 93 63 04 95

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Chogg,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they are able to assist with this.

Hi @Bryantworks @AM8 @MAC-MCB, would you be able to share your thoughts with @Chogg?

Thanks!

Jess   

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MAC-MCB
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Chogg.

To give you the best insight into your pipeline, my clear recommendation would be for you to select these leads as "lost" and choose a reason that is unique.
For example "No contact".

In your report, you choose to sort leads from those that are closed with the reason "No contact".
This still gives you insight into a pipeline that you can work with dynamically.

As an extra, I would suggest you set up a workflow that informs the seller who is assigned to the lead with reason "No contact" to contact again about e.g. 90 days.

Hope the answer can be used so you can get a clean insight into your pipeline.

Best regards

Martin Christiansen
MCB.DK 

Best Regards

Martin Christiansen

www.mcb.dk

Tlf.: 7012 4816 . Mobil: +45 93 63 04 95