Remove timeline activity from deal

Ruud-V

Is there a way to remove the timeline activities from certain deals?

When logging activities within Hubspot it isn't a problem however we use the BCC e-mail log and then he logs every e-mail from the contact/company in which the deal is associated to. 

I can't seem to find the option to remove the timeline in a deal. 

4 Replies 4
Bryantworks
Key Advisor

Hey @Ruud-V

Unfortunately there isn't a way to mass delete timeline entires as they relate to email, but you can delete them one by one:

Leda - Google Chrome 2019-08-05 08.17.06.png

But looks like you can also delete timeline events via the API as well:  https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/timeline/delete-event-type

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
Ruud-V

Hi @Bryantworks ,

Thanks for your explanation. 

I know that you can remove associations in a timeline of a deal/contact/company page. 

However what I mean is that you can choose to add the timeline activity of the contact/company when creating a new deal. 

hubspot test.png

When doing this it also will add any future activities on that deal even it is not related. What I would like to know is if it is possible to stop this process by unclicking that box somewhere (I can't seem to find this option)?

Thanks for your help,

Ruud  

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Key Advisor

Hey @Ruud-V 

Ahh, I see.  I don't think there's an option for that.  The only way that I know of is to disassociate the contact/company from the deal so that information doesn't show there, but then that impacts reporting / workflows that you might have assigned.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
AlishaV
Contributor

Yes, please. We have many deals created and will be adding other users who need access to associated contacts but who should not be viewing associated deal activity history. We need a way to turn off this activity association withough decoupling the deal and contact themselves!

0 Upvotes