CRM

MerryxMM7
Contributor

Remove secondary associations in bulk

I have many contacts assigned/associated with more than one company. 
I just want to remove this secondary associations but did not find a way to do it in bulk. The only way to de-associate these contacts it's to go one by one and click in the company -> more -> remove association -> accept. For a couple of contacts, that's doable but I'm talking about hundreds here...

I really appreciate any help you can provide. 

6 Replies 6
MrBean
Top Contributor

this is ridiculous. Hubspot needs a way to remove associations in bulk. they must know how many clicks it currently takes to add/remove associations? ? ? 

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MrBean,

Thanks for your Product feedback!

I completely understand that this can be frustrating and that it takes time to remove associations in bulk. I think it is a great idea and I also would love to see a new feature to do that.

If you haven't done so yet, I would recommend adding this feedback to this existing idea in the Ideas Forum and upvoting it to show your support. Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality.

Also, what I'll do for you here is relay this feedback to our internal Product Team for their consideration in future product updates.

Thank you and have a lovely day!
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

RBozeman
Participant

Hey @MerryxMM7,

I am not sure if you got this problem solved yet or not, but wanted to chime in Right now you cannot associate (add or remove them) records within a Workflow without an Operations Hub subscription and develop some custom code to make these associations. Here is a thread that deals with that. 

However, I wanted to mention that Insycle allows you to associate in workflows, including removing associations between contacts and workflows. Full disclosure, I work for Insycle. But it seems like a good fit for your need. You could tackle it in a Workflow if necessary, or simply remove the associations in bulk using any field as a matching field. 

Insycle allows for you to associate (add/remove/replace) contacts, companies, and deals, in bulk, using any field in your database as a matching field. You can also manage primary and secondary associations/labels/child-parent associations. Then you can add an Insycle Recipe into your HubSpot Workflows.

Best,

Ryan

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MerryxMM7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

The bulk association actions in HubSpot are limited, as @karstenkoehler explained in his answer to this Community post.  

If you have the option to work with a developer or someone who is familiar with APIs, you can use the associations endpoint to delete the associations between objects. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

MerryxMM7
Contributor

Thank you very much for the response. Sad to hear there is no easy or well, fix at all for this topic. I really think of it as a basic feature to have. Associating as well as disassociating in bulk (In other words; moving contacts from one company to another). Since doing this process manually takes ages when we are talking about companies with 100+ people.
Once again thank you for taking your time and trying to help me on this matter!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback @MerryxMM7. I found a feature request in our Ideas forum with a similar  use case. It would be great if you can give the Idea an upvote or leave a comment.  We use this forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers. Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels. 

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings