CRM

ckaku
Participant

Remove IP address from contact

SOLVE

Hi!  I was at an industry fair recently and let someone use my device to fill in one of our forms.  This turned out to be a huge mistake - now every Hubspot page I look at is recorded under her Contact Record and it keeps changing her name to my name.  

This seems like it's recognizing my IP address and logging things accordingly.  How can I disassociate this IP address from her account and delete the activity that was not hers?  I'm finding it really confusing to look at her record and try to figure out what she may or may not purchase from us.

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ckaku

The only way to disassociate the IP address from the contact record will be to either delete the contact or get the contact to reassociate with their email address through a new form submission or (if you have a marketing subscription with the email tool) having them click a link in a marketing email sent from HubSpot. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ckaku

The only way to disassociate the IP address from the contact record will be to either delete the contact or get the contact to reassociate with their email address through a new form submission or (if you have a marketing subscription with the email tool) having them click a link in a marketing email sent from HubSpot. 

Ckleming
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi, is this still the only wau to handle this issue?

Charlotte

ckaku
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!

0 Upvotes