CRM

Zorro

Release Log

SOLVE

I want to be able to have a way to create like a Release Log where I can list possibly something we done on our core framework and the date for a given eCommerce account we support so later we can look at our sales volume and see cause and effect. It would be nice if this is shareable and updatable by our entire team. 

Can anyone think about how to best accomplish this. It seems like a very simple task. 

Thanks, 

Zorro...

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HubSpotMaster
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Release Log

SOLVE

@Zorro @jennysowyrda 

It's not possible to record the Macro level changes you are making in your business to see the trends. You are absolutely correct that you should be keeping a log of these key changes so that when you are doing data analysis you have all the context to understand what could have caused an increase or decrease in activity. 

I recommend keeping a log of your test or changes when time stamps so when you complete your analysis you can look back at it and to ensure you have the correct takeaways. 

One tip - You can add a note section to each dashboard. You can update the notes with key milestones or changes you may have made like (i.e New website launch 5/19/2020) that way anybody looking at the dashboard understands to look at it with the correct context. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Release Log

SOLVE

Hi @Zorro,

Do you mind sharing more about your current set up and what your end goal is? The more information, screenshot and examples you can provide the better the Community can assist!

If you can also share what your subscription level is with HubSpot, that would be great!

If you have links to websites or stories where you have seen what you are looking to accomplish, that would also be helpful. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Zorro

Release Log

SOLVE

I just want a simple place to share a list of things that have changed with a given any given account to better understand over time cause and effect. 

Example:

All Accounts

1/2/2020 Changes were made to improve shopping cart conversion.

2/6/14 Adjustments in approval algorithm. 

Account A

3/2/2020 Added our offering to general email list

Account B

3/20/2020 Added our offering to rewards email list

Account C 

Added our offering to holiday specials email list

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Release Log

SOLVE

Hi @Zorro,

Thanks for clarifying! Updates to properties will be stored in the property history for that contact/company/deal property, and that can be exported by following the steps here

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see how they keep track of changes; @warrendavey@HubSpotMaster@joshua-paul do you have any advice for @Zorro?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster
Solution

Release Log

SOLVE

@Zorro @jennysowyrda 

It's not possible to record the Macro level changes you are making in your business to see the trends. You are absolutely correct that you should be keeping a log of these key changes so that when you are doing data analysis you have all the context to understand what could have caused an increase or decrease in activity. 

I recommend keeping a log of your test or changes when time stamps so when you complete your analysis you can look back at it and to ensure you have the correct takeaways. 

One tip - You can add a note section to each dashboard. You can update the notes with key milestones or changes you may have made like (i.e New website launch 5/19/2020) that way anybody looking at the dashboard understands to look at it with the correct context.