Relating different organisations to a deal

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi there,

When creating a new deal I would like to link different companies to this deal. In our particular case each deal has an end client, and a bunch of other companies involved (besides ourselves) in making this deal happen.

I would like add a custom property to a deal to capture this information. What I believe is not possible at this moment is to make this custom property a 'relation' field, that searches through all known companies in the CRM.

Is that indeed not possible at the moment? Does anybody have a similar need?

Thanks!

Sven

Sven

2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hey @svencu

While there is no way to create a custom relationship between a deal and a company, I did want to share this article which discusses how to best use deals.

Depending on your use case and business, there may be workarounds that could work for you. @StephanyWHP@tms0003 do you have any thoughts on how to use custom properties to maximize what you can do with deals, companies, and contacts? 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thank you for getting back to me on this! 

It is quite an important feature to us, might be interesting to look into adding something that would support relations between 1 deal and multiple organizations.

Cheers,
Sven

0 Upvotes