CRM

kfavaloro
Participant

Related Companies & Contacts

SOLVE

We need a way to report and pull related contacts and companies. Due to some of our business we support nonprofits and most of the contacts for a nonprofit use their company email address so we have to attach them as a related contact as a board member but when we export the list of contacts for the said nonprofit the related contacts do not show.

Need to be able to see the whole picture. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kfavaloro,

This can actually be done already! When you navigate to Contacts > Contacts, you should see an unfiltered view of all of your contacts. (You can further customize this view by clicking More filters, similar to lists.)

In this interface, you should also see a Table actions button which allows you to Edit columns and to Export view. By default, your columns should include the "Associated company". This is column is not showing the company name as a contact property – this is actually the associated object.

When you export this view, the result Excel file includes the "Associated company" column as well. If you have previously manually associated contacts with a company, it will show in this Excel file as well.

@sharonlicari would you convert this post into a regular thread?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
kfavaloro
Participant

SOLVE

I understand the child parent company relation. I am needing the related contacts to companies. For instance, we have several board members that work for companies but have related them to the nonprofit as a board member. Maybe I am missing something since this is needed for our users to see contacts related to companies. 

ALEasterly
Contributor

SOLVE

We have a similar issue with Attorneys having roles in multiple companies.  I still haven't solved it, but am curious to learn about how you're tackling this.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kfavaloro,

This can actually be done already! When you navigate to Contacts > Contacts, you should see an unfiltered view of all of your contacts. (You can further customize this view by clicking More filters, similar to lists.)

In this interface, you should also see a Table actions button which allows you to Edit columns and to Export view. By default, your columns should include the "Associated company". This is column is not showing the company name as a contact property – this is actually the associated object.

When you export this view, the result Excel file includes the "Associated company" column as well. If you have previously manually associated contacts with a company, it will show in this Excel file as well.

@sharonlicari would you convert this post into a regular thread?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Done 🙂 @karstenkoehler 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !