CRM

stephenWorkRail

Referencing most recent Deal in a workflow when there is multiple deals

SOLVE

I'm attempting to build a workflow that triggers when a deal stage is updated which then updates a property on the company record. The issue is, we utilize multiple deal pipelines where we sometimes have multiple deals for the same company where the older dels are simply archived opportunities or representations of old opportunities that we don't want to move or delete. I want this company property to be updated based on the most recently created deal instead of checking for "at least one associated deal" as hubspot defaults to. Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

stephenWorkRail_0-1631727373183.png

As you can see, hubspot checks if any associated deal has that deal stage. What I want that to say essentially is "The most recent deal has..." instead of "at least one associated deal has..." Any work arounds to acheive this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @stephenWorkRail,

This is notoriously hard to accomplish and unfortunately there isn't a one-size-fits-all workaround. In these situations, it's generally best to step away from the company-based workflow and think about how this can be achieved with a deal-based workflow. Here you have more control over the deal that is being enrolled.

However, in your screenshot, HubSpot would only enroll companies that are associated with deals which fulfill both criteria. At least one associated deal must be in the Deal stage DQ/Lost (Marketing Pipeline) and its Deal stage must have been updated in the last 90 days. The second criterion is not relating to deals in any pipeline, it's referring specifically to deals within the previously mentioned pipeline – at least it should.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @stephenWorkRail,

This is notoriously hard to accomplish and unfortunately there isn't a one-size-fits-all workaround. In these situations, it's generally best to step away from the company-based workflow and think about how this can be achieved with a deal-based workflow. Here you have more control over the deal that is being enrolled.

However, in your screenshot, HubSpot would only enroll companies that are associated with deals which fulfill both criteria. At least one associated deal must be in the Deal stage DQ/Lost (Marketing Pipeline) and its Deal stage must have been updated in the last 90 days. The second criterion is not relating to deals in any pipeline, it's referring specifically to deals within the previously mentioned pipeline – at least it should.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.