CRM

pbmartin
Contributor

Recurring Revenue - Future Start Date

We're a professional services firm that has contracts which may close a month or more before we begin billing. In essence, our Close Date has nothing to do with the Start Date for revenue. How would you suggest I set this up in HubSpot?

6 Replies 6
SComeau
Top Contributor

We REALLY need this! We have a subscription service that we don't start billing until sometimes 1-2months after close. We love the recurring revenue analysis but it all ties to the Close Date so that doesn't work very well for us 😞

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SComeau 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes.

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine 

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

tahoedrew
Participant

Adding a comment here as an upvote for this. It needs to get to Product as an enhacement.

I'm a bit surprised HubSpot hasn't addressed this issue (or been faced with it) before now.

AlekNovkovski
Participant

In a similar situation. Always wondered how to deal with this and what best practice is. One thing I did was set up deals to have another winning stage after closing, and I have that as a "winning" stage in hubspot as well. But not sure if this is best practice, just a hack I came up with since there isn't information on what to do in a case like this.

0 Upvotes
AKacou

But then how do you handle the problem with the close date ?
Because having this other winning stage doesn't change the fact that the revenue anayltics report is based on close date.

0 Upvotes
pbmartin
Contributor

Thanks, @AlekNovkovski.  That gives me an idea. I'll set up a second Won stage with the Label "Start Date". Still, HubSpot needs to have a standard property for 'billing start date' separate from closed date.