CRM

Ang1

Recording personal titles, such as Doctor, Lord, Sir

SOLVE

Dear all,

I am just setting up with Hubspot and inputting and importing contact details into the CRM and need to use personal titles, such as Doctor, Baroness, Lord, Sir (obviously English!) and have only found salutation to be similar.

Has anyone else needed to use titles in their work and if so, please could you advise?

Thank you, in hope and anticipation.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Ang1,

You can use Salutation for this, but bear in mind it's free text... you could end up with users typing e.g. "Doctor", "Doc", "Dr", etc.

You might want to set up a custom property called e.g. "Personal Title".  You can set this up as dropdown select, with a range of entries you control.  

You can then customise your sidebar so that your new property always displays.  

You can also make sure your team always complete this property by making it required.

Then you can use custom views to take a look at all contacts where "Personal Title" is not known and fill in any blanks.

Hope this helps!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Ang1,

You can use Salutation for this, but bear in mind it's free text... you could end up with users typing e.g. "Doctor", "Doc", "Dr", etc.

You might want to set up a custom property called e.g. "Personal Title".  You can set this up as dropdown select, with a range of entries you control.  

You can then customise your sidebar so that your new property always displays.  

You can also make sure your team always complete this property by making it required.

Then you can use custom views to take a look at all contacts where "Personal Title" is not known and fill in any blanks.

Hope this helps!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Ang1,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.
Hi @MatthewShepherd @AdamLPW @Kim_HM, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes