CRM

Edmond
Participant

Recent Sales Email Replied Date from Marketing Email Reply

SOLVE

Hi community,

I have a workflow that uses the contact property 'Recent sales email replied date' to change a contact's lead status to 'Connected'. 

The idea is that if a contact responds to a sales email from their contact owner, then their lead status is updated. 

We send out a marketing welcome email to all of our new leads. I notice that when a contact responds to this marketing welcome email, the contact property 'Recent sales email replied date' is populated. 

This is the case even if the contact hasn't been sent a 1-to-1 sales email by their contact owner. 

This leads me to believe that HubSpot isn't differentiating between replies to marketing and sales emails. 

Am I missing something here? Can anyone help clarify this for me?

thanks in advance!

1 Accepted solution
gcummins
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi everyone, George from HubSpot support here. I thought I would reply as I was investigating a similar case for a customer and found that this occurred a few times for different portals when the from address or reply to address of the marketing email is set as a shared/team inbox in your portal. 

Any contact emails sent to a shared inbox will be considered an incoming email from the Conversations tool, which does count as a sales activity. To avoid this, you would have to send your marketing emails from a different email address or set the reply to as a different address. (not one that you have connected in the Conversations tool).

Hope that helps in these scenarios! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
gcummins
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi everyone, George from HubSpot support here. I thought I would reply as I was investigating a similar case for a customer and found that this occurred a few times for different portals when the from address or reply to address of the marketing email is set as a shared/team inbox in your portal. 

Any contact emails sent to a shared inbox will be considered an incoming email from the Conversations tool, which does count as a sales activity. To avoid this, you would have to send your marketing emails from a different email address or set the reply to as a different address. (not one that you have connected in the Conversations tool).

Hope that helps in these scenarios! 
0 Upvotes
mayte
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi!

Same issue here 😓 

Any updates on this?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mayte,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you be able to create a new post regarding this issue? 

Please make sure to include a full description of the issue you are running into and any pertinent screenshots in the new post for the Community to better assist with the next steps.

Thank you

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Edmond , Happy Friday!

Thank you for providing all this information, I would like to invite our top experts @erzaga20 @DPassman any recommendation to @Edmond matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes