Reasons to Update Communication Subscriptions

Highlighted
New Contributor

We are using the free CRM and are going to use the free marketing to send some email communications.  My question is regarding the communication subscriptions i.e. you don't have to update these do you to send out emails?  Or is that not correct?  But the option is there to update them but why would we update them if we don't need to, is this just in case we get inspected for GDPR purposes?  thanks for any advice

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hey @salsmithy 

If you are based in Europe, you should have the GDPR option enabled. The subscription types represent the lawful basis to communicate with your contacts through email. 

I would recommend reviewing the following information:

Set up email subscription types

GDPR Compliance

I hope this helps

Thank you

Sharon

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Sharon

Thanks but I'm trying to find out if the communciation subscription is just recommended for GDPR compliance?  For example I can turn GDPR options on but Hubspot doesn't then make me set the communiation subscription against each contact and I can still send emails to the contact if no communcation subscription is set?  So is there any other reasons I would set up the communcation subscriptions other than GDPR commpliance?

Thanks

0 Upvotes