Reason for Closed Lost / Won

Highlighted
New Contributor

It is important to know the reasons why deals are closed-lost, this is why the deal property close lost reason exists. If I am in the board view, I select a deal, I close the deal and automatically the pop up with the drop-down menu I created to select the reason appears. 

However, if I switch to the Table view, I select a deal, I close the deal and the deal closed without even give me the chance to select a reason. Why is that happening? thats difficults a lot the possibility to editing in bulk.
9 Replies 9
Community Manager

Hi @avberoomers,

Are you referring to this functionality? The pop up requiring you to fill out fields should show up in either the table view or the board view. 

If you are referring to something different, can you please send along screenshots or video of what you are referring to? 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes

Hi,

These are free form text boxes currently. Is there any way to have a dropbox with Admin-user predefined defined Reasons for Won / Lost that can be selected in the the Pop up...? Reason being as its free form field, reporting consistenantly on the Reason for Won/Lost becomes an issue as humans are error prone.

Help!?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @RandolphD,

You can change this setting in the property section for the Closed lost/won reasons. Please note that creating default options will interfere with how the current long string text values are presented. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 1.57.16 PM.png

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

When I change the default settings to a drop own list it doesn't work (much less interfere). If I create a new property, it does not populate as an option to select it.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @chrisbreikss,

Do you mind sharing screenshots of what you are seeing in regards to the drop down list not working and the new property not populating?  

The more screenshots, details and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jenny!

Below are the screenshots to help paint a better picture of my challenge with HubSpot's closed lost reason.

1) We have custom deal stages that trigger a pop up when a deal stage "Closed Lost" is selected

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 1.56.38 PM.png

2) We have configured custom dropdown options for the closed lost reason but before we were using a text field but it was difficult to report on or trigger workflows

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 1.52.36 PM.png

5) This is the link to the popup that the salesperson sees

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 1.54.24 PM.png

4) Below is the text field you see instead of a dropdown option

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 1.54.13 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @chrisbreikss,

What do you see in the live version of the deal board when moving the deal? I can reproduce the behavior in the testing environment, however in the live deal board, the proper dropdown displays correctly. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jenny! You are right, it works in the live environment! Screenshot below!

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.41.34 AM.png

Occasional Contributor

What would you say are good options for closed-won deals in a dropdown?

0 Upvotes