CRM

Justinboucher
Participant

Reason for Closed Lost / Won

SOLVE

Hi, 

I've just started using Hubspot and have input our sales pipeline. When i move a deal into 'closed lost' Hubspot is not asking for a reason why.

It was my understnading that the Hubspot CRM system would automatically prompt the Hubspot user to select a reason why a deal was lost or won so that we can collect insights. At the moment, when i move the deal too the closed stage it doesn't give me the opportunity to select a reaosn why. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Justin

1 Accepted solution
drm237
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I figured it out. 

Go to Settings > Sales > Deals.  Edit your Pipeline(s).  For the Closed Won and Closed Lost stages, when you hover over them, an Edit Properties button will appear on the right.  Click it.  If the Closed lost reason or Closed won reason is not already selected, select it and then select the Required checkbox.  Save the changes and it should work.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19
Pelagic

SOLVE

It appears that this feature is now only available with the Professional version. We had been seeing and using this feauture up until about a week ago.

0 Upvotes
drm237
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I figured it out. 

Go to Settings > Sales > Deals.  Edit your Pipeline(s).  For the Closed Won and Closed Lost stages, when you hover over them, an Edit Properties button will appear on the right.  Click it.  If the Closed lost reason or Closed won reason is not already selected, select it and then select the Required checkbox.  Save the changes and it should work.

JayFirsty
Participant

SOLVE

Move this to the top. Top answer at the moment just wasted 1 hour of my time. 

0 Upvotes
bbcarney7

SOLVE

nailed it - thx

0 Upvotes
Justinboucher
Participant

SOLVE

When i try to select 'required fields' it advises me i must upgrade to professionalWhen i try to select 'required fields' it advises me i must upgrade to professional

0 Upvotes
drm237
Contributor

SOLVE

Is that screenshot from the "Update deal stage properties" modal window?

Settings, then Sales from the right menu, then Deals from the submenu.  Then under Deal Pipelines and Stages, click the Edit button.  Then next to the Won or Lost steps, click the Edit Properties button.

0 Upvotes
Justinboucher
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, this is what comes up when following those steps. Maybe this feature is no longer available in Hubspot free - we only recently joined the platformHi, this is what comes up when following those steps. Maybe this feature is no longer available in Hubspot free - we only recently joined the platform

0 Upvotes
RRannala

SOLVE

Hubspot Free still supports a mandatory reason for Won and Lost activities.  The problem may be that the free version only allows 10 custom properties and you may have exceeded them.  We have only used 3 (including Won and Lost reasons).

The process I used to set this up was...   Settings-> Properties-> Select "DEAL PROPERTIES" from the "select an object" dropdown -> Check off "Closed Lost Reason" and "Closed Won Reason" -> then click on +Add to group"  This worked perfectly (Free edition).  

To view the "reason" open the won or lost deal, look at "Deal activity" and choose "View details" then do a search using the word "reason"  The reason comments will be displayed.

Good luck selling!

0 Upvotes
drm237
Contributor

SOLVE

Interesting.  It may work even without setting the field to be required.

0 Upvotes
nikkigoldsmith
Participant

SOLVE

I'm pretty sure you actually have to go in and do this yourself. You can also make closed won/lost reason mandatory

How to set up closed won/lost reasons:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/deals/how-can-i-customize-the-closed-lost-reason-...

How to make properties mandatory:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-can-i-set-required-fields-for-creati...

Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes
KGuinn
Participant

SOLVE

It looks like the closed lost reason article isn't linking anymore. is there an update available? 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KGuinn, hope you are doing well!

From what I am seeing while reviewing in this guide, it looks like the Closed Won/Lost criteria would be set by the Probability. When you set the probabilities, there is a list that comes up with 10%-90%, and then Closed Won and Lost are at the bottom of that list.

Hope this helps, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Turbonavicius
Participant

SOLVE

Did anybody actually reads these tutorials before posting them. It has all the technical keywords abut no link to the actual question - How do I change Lost/Won reasons :))

0 Upvotes
cwitt

SOLVE

We have the "reason lost" field set up in deals, where do those go? I can't find them anywhere.

ASM
Participant

SOLVE

I agree we have added all our closed lost reasons but can not find a way to see the data in a list or chart.  UGH!!!!!!  NEED HELP 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @ASM 

You are able to filter in deals for the property "closed lost reason". And export that information.

closed lost reasonclosed lost reason

Will this information help?

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

drm237
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm having this same issue.  Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Upvotes
Justinboucher
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, 

I think i've figured this out. We currently use Hubspot CRM Free, to access the 'required fields' feature you must upgrade to premium. 

Justin

0 Upvotes
drm237
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm on free and using the steps I listed previously, this started working.

0 Upvotes