Re: Searchable custom contact properties

bmoseley
Participant

Hi Jenny-

I'm not sure what you mean, can you please show me? I see the checkmark on the 'single line text' fields. But for fields that are not 'single line text' there is no way to uncheck 'searchable'. Do you have a screenshot or something I can reference? 

Thanks, 

6 Replies 6
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @bmoseley,

You should see the option in the properties (search property > edit property) to select whether you want them included in search: 

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 12.19.00 PM.png

I have connected with the team regarding this, as I am unable to see this checkbox for certain properties on my end. 

Is your end goal to have all 3 properties removed from the search option, or only one? If so, which one?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
bmoseley
Participant

Please see above post. I have been able to 'uncheck' the 'single line text' field from being searchable, but that's only 1 out of the 3. I would like to 'uncheck' the other fields (date and dropdown) but I'm unable to. 

Does that make sense? You mentioned you're unable to find the checkbox on the other two field types, that's my issue as well 🙂

Thanks!

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

HI @bmoseley,

Thank you for the update and thank you for confirming we're stuck at the same point! I have reached out to the team regarding this, so when I have more information or next steps from them, I will reach out through this thread. 

Look forward to resolving this soon for you! 🙂 

Best,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @bmoseley,

I have heard back from the team and they were able to remove the search feature from all three properties; you can now associate the search function with new properties. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
mchvatal
Contributor

Does that mean that they only way to fix it is to reach out to support? We are encountering the same issue. One of our searchable fields is single text and we can turn it on and off but the other two are drop-down fields and we are unable to turn them off and reassign which fields should be searchable.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @mchvatal 

Thank you for reaching out!

I would actually recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about the matter you mentioned here.

Best, 

Have a lovely day,

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !