CRM

Lionheart-Paul
Participante

Re: How to create company?

resolver

Interesting question - when you create the company, what information do you have to create it if the contact has a gmail.com address for instance?

Are you getting their company name or domain on a form, seperately? 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Mike_Eastwood
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Gold

resolver

Hi Paul

We have a client (we're a HubSpot Partner) who had an interesting challenge:

• a customer (Contact) can be an individual.
  • a customer (Contact) can be part of an organisation (Company) who is a customer.
  • a customer (Contact) can be part of an organisation (Company) who is not a customer.

So, we couldn't use HubSpot's Automatic Company Association because it would create a Company based on email address, and associate the contacts with the same email address.  

Our solution was to create a HubSpot Workflow which "Triggers a Webhook".

The Webhook is a piece of code that runs on their website and uses the HubSpot API to create a new Company based on the details from the Form.

Happy to explain in more detail if you need anything translating to English (with a Kiwi accent).

Cheers

Mike

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

6 Respuestas 6
Mike_Eastwood
Solución

resolver

Hi Paul

We have a client (we're a HubSpot Partner) who had an interesting challenge:

• a customer (Contact) can be an individual.
  • a customer (Contact) can be part of an organisation (Company) who is a customer.
  • a customer (Contact) can be part of an organisation (Company) who is not a customer.

So, we couldn't use HubSpot's Automatic Company Association because it would create a Company based on email address, and associate the contacts with the same email address.  

Our solution was to create a HubSpot Workflow which "Triggers a Webhook".

The Webhook is a piece of code that runs on their website and uses the HubSpot API to create a new Company based on the details from the Form.

Happy to explain in more detail if you need anything translating to English (with a Kiwi accent).

Cheers

Mike

tommitchell
Colaborador

resolver

Hi Mike, this is exactly what I'm trying to achieve at the moment. Do you by any chance have any info on the webhook you created? I'm a bit stumped by the API!

Many thanks

Tom

0 Me gusta
Mike_Eastwood

resolver

Hi Tom

Difficult to explain [sensibly] without knowing exactly what you need, and what you have e.g. souce of contact, properties you have, etc.

If you write a detailed explanation of what you need in the forum I will reply (so other  people can learn from our conversation). Or, I'm happy for you to contact me directly (https://www.webalite.com/contact-us).

Cheers

Mike

tommitchell
Colaborador

resolver

Hi Mike, many thanks for your response and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Hopefully this scenario explains what I'm trying to achieve:

- a prospect fills out a form on our website, creating a contact in Salesforce

- the prospect supplies company name 'John Smith Lettings' on the relevant field but the email address used is a gmail one, so no associated company exists or is created

So I'm looking for a way of the associated company being created automatically based on the supplied company name, if no associated company exists. Let me know if you need any further info here?

Thanks again!

Tom

Mike_Eastwood

resolver

Sorry for the delay - just got back from my summer holiday.

The way we handled this issue was to create a workflow which calls a webhook.

The webhook runs some code on our server that automatically adds the Company in HubSpot, then associates the new Company with the Contact.

If you (or anyone else) would like us to make this into an App for your portal please contact me directly.

Cheers

Mike

Andreas
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

@tommitchell did you figure out a good way of doing this?

I'm facing the excact same challenge now for a client. 

Thanks 🙂

Andreas Kirkeberg
0 Me gusta