CRM

BLA
Colaborador(a)

Re: Deal ID

resolver

Slightly different question but is there a way to carry across an existing deal ID to a new pipeline? From an audit trail perspective all our onboarding deals are moved into a new pipeline via "create new deal" workflow therefore a new deal ID is created.

Would rather not trigger onboarding pipeline another way given multiple contacts or deals per company can exist.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
BrianCarter
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hey there newcomer and welcome!

I totally understand the need for your request. If you are a paying customer, the solution could be pretty straightforward. Here are my initial thoughts that might need some fine-tuning:

1. Create a custom property labeled what you want (e.g. contract number, deal id, etc.)
  2. Then update a deal to be, let's say 0001
  3. Create a workflow that updates this property by increasing its value by 1 each time a new deal is created
  4. You will want to have the re-enrollment setting turned on and enroll previous deals

Let me know your thoughts!

Brian Carter

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
7 Respostas 7
BrianCarter
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hey there newcomer and welcome!

I totally understand the need for your request. If you are a paying customer, the solution could be pretty straightforward. Here are my initial thoughts that might need some fine-tuning:

1. Create a custom property labeled what you want (e.g. contract number, deal id, etc.)
  2. Then update a deal to be, let's say 0001
  3. Create a workflow that updates this property by increasing its value by 1 each time a new deal is created
  4. You will want to have the re-enrollment setting turned on and enroll previous deals

Let me know your thoughts!

Brian Carter

0 Avaliação positiva
NicoleSengers
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Elite
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Hi Bryan

Could you perhaps show me or explain how to add that sequential number. I understand the theory but I am not sure how to build the workflow you suggested.

Thanks!

Nicole

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
0 Avaliação positiva
BrianCarter
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hey Nicole,

So you will need to have a property that is based on a numerical value. After that, you'll make the triggers i.e. "Contract #" is "Unknown" and deal is in stage X.

Then it's pretty straight forward:

1.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 10.23.01 AM.png

Good luck!

Brian

magnus_sesseng
Participante

resolver

Hi Brian!

I am looking for the same functionality, but I also need the number to start at eg. 9000, not 1. 

Do you know if this is possible? 

Regards Magnus

0 Avaliação positiva
BrianCarter
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hey Magnus,

Last time I used this feature, you could start with any number you needed.

Best,

Brian

magnus_sesseng
Participante

resolver

Hi again Brian!

Am trying to follow your recipe, but I am missing something. 

I have created a deal property called Ordre ID witch is a nummeric number. I also have a contact based workflow that creates deals based on forms submissions. The workflow that creates deals also sets the deal property Order ID. Do I set the value to e.g. 9000 or do I manually write in 9000 when a deal has been created?

I have tried both ways but are not able to get the number to increase. 

I have made a deal based workflow that triggers if a deal enters the pipeline that should increase the Ordre ID property by 1, but as mentioned it stays on 9000 when a new deal is created. 

Do you know what I am doing wrong? 

Best regards Magnus

0 Avaliação positiva
chudst
Membro

resolver

Hi @magnus_sesseng , did you please figured it out?

0 Avaliação positiva