CRM

NikhilGadkar

Re: Creating a report on deals that have been inactive for X days?

SOLVE

Hi this Nikhil. I am new to HubSpot.

Please can you explain the steps on how to create the fields, "Days since last contacted" and "Today's date if deal open".

Regards Nikhil

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @NikhilGadkar, great question!

And thanks for the mention, @kvlschaefer!

There are a few deal properties that could be helpful here depending on your specific needs:

1. Last modified date — this is the date of the last time that any property or timeline activity was updated on the contact record. It does include automated updates made to the deal through workflows, so it may not be the most accurate gauge depending on your current setup
  2. Next activity date — this is the date of the next scheduled task/activity for the deal. If this property is "unknown" for a deal, then that could increase the chances of the deal becoming inactive. Again, this depends on how you're using HubSpot currently, but it could be a helpful property
  3. Last contacted — this is the date of the last email/call/meeting/chat conversation that was associated with the contact attached to the deal record. This one is the most accurate when reps are entering every outreach into HubSpot
  4. Entered stage date — HubSpot has a default date stamp property for each deal stage that will show you when the deal first entered a particular stage. This can be helpful for tracking deals that stay in the same stage for too long (i.e., "Entered stage date" is more than 14 days ago or something like that)

These properties should at least get you started in identifying inactive deals. Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @NikhilGadkar,

I'm Dave from the hapily support team! We just launched an app called Tick Tock Today that creates a today's date property for your objects. It woud help with your use case. It's available on the HubSpot Marketplace.

I've formulated some different ways to use the property. Including a time between property! I documented how to create one in this blog post here.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @NikhilGadkar, great question!

And thanks for the mention, @kvlschaefer!

There are a few deal properties that could be helpful here depending on your specific needs:

1. Last modified date — this is the date of the last time that any property or timeline activity was updated on the contact record. It does include automated updates made to the deal through workflows, so it may not be the most accurate gauge depending on your current setup
  2. Next activity date — this is the date of the next scheduled task/activity for the deal. If this property is "unknown" for a deal, then that could increase the chances of the deal becoming inactive. Again, this depends on how you're using HubSpot currently, but it could be a helpful property
  3. Last contacted — this is the date of the last email/call/meeting/chat conversation that was associated with the contact attached to the deal record. This one is the most accurate when reps are entering every outreach into HubSpot
  4. Entered stage date — HubSpot has a default date stamp property for each deal stage that will show you when the deal first entered a particular stage. This can be helpful for tracking deals that stay in the same stage for too long (i.e., "Entered stage date" is more than 14 days ago or something like that)

These properties should at least get you started in identifying inactive deals. Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NikhilGadkar,

Welcome to the Community and HubSpot! 

I've moved your reply to a new post since the thread you commented on was 2 years old and may not have visibility among all of our community members.

Would you be able to please elaborate on how you will use these fields? Are they for reporting purposes, for tracking sales productivity, or something else? The more you can tell us about your end goal and strategy, teh better the community can assist with guidance. 

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
NikhilGadkar

SOLVE

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for moving my query to the latest post.

I need a report that will show me deals inactive for X days for tracking sales productivity. HubSpot has a feature under deals to highlight inactive deals but that is not veryu seful.

So any help will be very good.

Thanks

Nikhil

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NikhilGadkar,

You're welcome!

Thank you for sharing additional details on your reporting goal 🙂

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @Dan1@BukunmiOdetayo@jolle - Do you have reporting tips for @NikhilGadkar

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !