Re: Copy contact properties to Deal?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Hi Rachel. 

Sadly the solution I mentioned wasn´t as great as I thought first. In my case I needed to create an email that told my client what product their sales reps sold and since the product field was filled through the deals pipeline and email work with contact properties this became a new challenge. 

First i thought I could do smart lists based on the deal property "product" and then set the contact properties based on which list the contacts were. After having done 5-10 lists i remembered deal properties can be set on workflow´s Yes-No branches. So i ended setting it manually following this logic: 

Is the deal property "product" Product X? If yes set contact property product as "Product X". 

As far as I´ve seen in the workflows tool, deal properties can be only used in Yes-No Branches wich I think would make even more complicated coping a property from contact to deals.  

Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

In my last answer you can read the results of the solution i claimed to find. 

Sadly i wasn´t right about it Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @BernardoV for the response.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Hopefully *fingers crossed* HubSpot will incorporate more capabilities with Deal properties on a workflow. It would save my company loads of manual work time.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi,
We just saw that you can copy one or multiple Contact Properties via a workflow when you open a deal.
You have to create a Deal Property where the copied Contact Property will get 'mirrored', keep in mind that you also have to match the Property type (single line of text, dropdown select, etc.). 

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 2.22.32 PM.png

From here, you only have to pick the properties that you want to match.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor | Gold Partner

Where did you see this at?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Great work!

0 Upvotes