Quote amounts changing Deal Amounts

bonniehaleD13
Participant

Using the "Quotes" tool to create a quote changes the "Amount" of the "Deal". How can I disable this? 

Note: Unchecking the box for the price to change a deal amount in the "Products" section does not keep this from happening. 

8 Replies 8
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hey @bonniehaleD13,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please share screenshots of where you are seeing this? I am unable to reproduce this behavior on my end.

Thank you,

Jenny

bonniehaleD13
Participant

This is still an issue, but I was told when I originally asked over a month ago that this function would remain as is for the forseeable future. 

Thank you for catching up on posts here though. 

0 Upvotes
sgbedmar
Participant

We're having the same issue. 

Even if we deselect "Update deal amount to ..." when adding the products, it still updates the deal amount when the quote is created. 

MikeFagan
Participant

I am also finding the same thing even if the checkbox is unselected. 

0 Upvotes
MikeFagan
Participant

This is still a problem:

Deal Amount automatically changes to the amount of the quote.  Serious glitch here. 

https://app.hubspot.com/quotes/BNNUue7XQk-P_l2

0 Upvotes
wladjdeb
Participant

Up ! We have the same issue internally. Our sales team told us that it is possible to deactivate this in the quote setup itself but they always forgot to uncheck this box. Is there a way to configure on an account level ? Thanks  

justinshapiro
Participant

We want to update the "amount" field with just the recurring products of the quote, or create a field that sums up the "recurring" products of the quote to be able to leverage for reporting purposes/automation. There needs to be more custom functionality! 

0 Upvotes
QuillSecurity
Participant

How does Hubspot expect us to use the Quote tool, when the Quote tool makes it impossible to actually understand and report on our pipeline?  

Product level discounts are completely hidden from clients. . . they need to know we are giving discounts!  But giving discounts corrupts the pipeline reporting.  This is a RED-ALERT, EMERGENCY level oversight.  

Hubspot Product Owners:  Using your Deals, Quotes and Discounts together, as they are designed, means that Hubspot will (WITHOUT notification) change deal amounts and effectively tell us lies that are very difficult to find.  Turn off the Amount Update feature until you have this fixed.  This is crazy.