CRM

AKhan38

Questions on Sequences

Hi guys,

Wanted to ask a specific question about sequences. 

We're trying to automate some of the more common emails we send to our clients to chase from an account management perspective.

If someone sends an email outside the sequence email chain, it stops the sequence completely. 

Is it possible to configure this so the sequence is only stopped when the client sends a reply to the email in the sequence chain?

If it isn't possible, it would be great if you can add it as a feature. 

Thanks!

Aamir

5 Replies 5
christopher-RVO
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Questions on Sequences

@AKhan38  The behavior you're describing shouldn't be happening with native sequence behavior. The unenrollment criteria for sequences can be configured by Editing the sequence>Navigate to the automation tab. 

Is it possible that users are booking meetings with sales reps or other users in the organization and that is triggering the unenrollment?

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

AKhan38

Questions on Sequences

Hi Chris,

Thanks for coming back on this so quick!

We've been testing it directly to see how it plays out. 

The sequence emails are sent out fine, but once I've ask the person to send me an email directly to me and outside the sequence email, it will automatically unenroll them. 

In terms of what we can adjust in the automation tab, here are the options available:

AKhan38_0-1666800124449.png

Not really a whole lot to play with. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Aamir

christopher-RVO

Questions on Sequences

@AKhan38  I just tested this with my demo account and saw the same thing. Interesting that it unenrolls due to any email reply, I guess theoretically that makes sense as you wouldn't need the sequence to run any longer. I found this article that specifies:

By default, contacts will be automatically unenrolled when they reply to any email in the sequence or book a meeting on any scheduling page. These triggers cannot be turned off. 

Maybe the solution here is to send these emails as marketing emails via a workflow instead, that would ensure delivery regardless of any other email activity that happens from other users. 

AKhan38

Questions on Sequences

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for replying quite late. 

Do you have steps handy so I can test this?

Kind regards, 

Aamir

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO

Questions on Sequences

@AKhan38  You would just need to re-create your templates as marketing emails instead, and add them to a workflow that distributes them. This would require a marketing pro package.