CRM

thisissami
Participant

Question about "Multiple Checkboxes" filter

SOLVE

Hi All,

Let's say I have a Multiple Checkboxes property called "Options" for my contacts (or companies, or deals) with three fields: "Option A",  "Option B", and "Option C". Now, I want to create a filtered view that shows all contacts that don't have both "Option A" and "Option B" checked.

If I set up a filter that says:

• Options is none of Option A or Option B

That doesn't work... because as soon as either "Option A" or "Option B" are checked, they are no longer included in this filter. The goal is to have all companies that don't have BOTH options checked.

The easy solution would be to have 2 filters as follows:

But HubSpot doesn't allow me to have 2 filters within one view for the same property...

Does anybody have any idea how I can achieve my goal? I'm finding it quite frustrating that there isn't a simple and straightforward way to do this...

1 Accepted solution
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @thisissami 👋🏻,

In this case, I would recommend using the list tool to set up the list criteria / filter like that:

List criteria / filterList criteria / filter

With lists, you can further segment the contacts based on various combinations and you can set it up like the above image for you particular use case. 

Hope this helps you 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @thisissami 👋🏻,

In this case, I would recommend using the list tool to set up the list criteria / filter like that:

List criteria / filterList criteria / filter

With lists, you can further segment the contacts based on various combinations and you can set it up like the above image for you particular use case. 

Hope this helps you 🙂

thisissami
Participant

SOLVE

Oh - I'd never even heard of the list tool... Thanks! 🙂

@sttangcan it be used within the `Contacts` / `Companies` sections?

0 Upvotes