CRM

JGomes8
Participant

Question about CRM Object properties API

Hi I've been reading the documentation for object properties: https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-properties/crm-properties-overview

and I can't find anything regarding required fields, how does it work? Do I get something in the API that a field is required?

Thank you very much

5 Replies 5
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

In HubSpot, for every object creation a button is available like create ticket, create deal or create company and create contact and so on.

By clicking on any of these buttons you’ll get a form with different fields for various objects. There’s a setting in HubSpot for the customization of these forms. Within this, there is an option to customize the object creation form and you can add or remove properties. You also set a property as mark as required to make it compulsory for the form to be submitted successfully.

himanshurauthan_0-1615984840709.png

And for the required property, there is one more feature HubSpot. In the ticket and deal pipelines so if you want to mark any property mandatory move the ticket or deal to a certain stage or status through the pipeline settings.

himanshurauthan_1-1615984896899.png

In API, if you have an objective like you want any property to be mandatory to get value then you can customize the object creation form. As a result, will automatically get value in that property when any new contact/company created in HubSpot.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
JGomes8
Participant

Hi Himanshu, my question is exactly that, what should I see in the API for a property that I set as required? because in the documentation it doesn't say anything about it.

0 Upvotes
JGomes8
Participant

Hi Natalie, 

My particular use case is that I need to know if a property on Contact, for example, is required. Is there any way to achieve that via the API?

NFurness
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hi JGomes,

Are you asking if you can call the Hubspot API for information about a certain property, related to a record?

This developer documentation make help.
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/properties

Are you able to be a little more specific on what you would like to achieve via the API? That would help me answer your question.

NFurness

Hi JGomes8,

For context, I am not a developer but I work with developers on lots of CRM API / Integration work.

What is often called a field in development, is called a "property" in Hubspot.

Within each property, there are values (options) that are also required by developers. It very much depends on the event and action you are planning to trigger via the API.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks

Natalie Furness

Natalie_furn on Twitter.
Natalie@niammarketing.com