CRM

MWilson1
Participant

Quarantine confusion

Résolue

Hello

I have imported a large list of active contacts recently into the free CRM.  Not all of the contacts but a high number of them have been flagged for quarantine.  I have read through the quarantine guide so understand how to solve this, however, I wondered if anyone knew how the system chooses which contacts to flag and which to let through when importing a large number?  I was wondering if I could do something with my CSV file to help the import.

Thanks

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Quarantine confusion

Résolue

Hi @MWilson1,

HubSpot will look at the following criteria for quarantined contacts:

• The list directly contributes to a high hard bounce rate (15% or higher) on multiple emails sent through HubSpot. For reference, a hard bounce rate of 1% is typically considered normal in the email industry. 
  • The list contains email addresses with a known history of high hard bounce rates based on HubSpot's historical email data. These emails are also referred to as global bounces.
  • Contacts were added through suspicious form activity. This scenario is most likely caused by a third-party with the intent of spamming the recipients' inboxes.

So either HubSpot gathers this information from email send activity in your account or from historic data about these contacts in other accounts.

While not mentioned in this article, HubSpot also checks so called spam traps, email addresses email addresses that may have been legitimate at one time, but are now abandoned or invalid.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
1 Réponse
karstenkoehler
Solution

Quarantine confusion

Résolue

Hi @MWilson1,

HubSpot will look at the following criteria for quarantined contacts:

• The list directly contributes to a high hard bounce rate (15% or higher) on multiple emails sent through HubSpot. For reference, a hard bounce rate of 1% is typically considered normal in the email industry. 
  • The list contains email addresses with a known history of high hard bounce rates based on HubSpot's historical email data. These emails are also referred to as global bounces.
  • Contacts were added through suspicious form activity. This scenario is most likely caused by a third-party with the intent of spamming the recipients' inboxes.

So either HubSpot gathers this information from email send activity in your account or from historic data about these contacts in other accounts.

While not mentioned in this article, HubSpot also checks so called spam traps, email addresses email addresses that may have been legitimate at one time, but are now abandoned or invalid.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Votes