CRM

OldBridge
Miembro

Purpose of teams

resolver

Hi

I cannot figure out the purpose of teams.

I thought that I could assign a team (3 users/members) to a specified group of companies, so only those companies are available to them for certain period of time. 

Is that doable?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Purpose of teams

resolver

Hi @OldBridge,

Teams work in combination with access permissions. By default, users have permissions to see all records. You can however change this to owned only or team only.

For team only, a user would only see records owned by themselves or by another member of their team – that's where the team comes in. (Ownership of records can be assigned in multiple ways, see here.)

So, for example, you have companies A, B, and C owned by user 1, and companies D, E, and F owned by user 2. If there's a third user whose permissions are set to "team only" and they're on the same team as user 1, they could also access A, B, and C. If user 2 joined the team, all of them could access A through F.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
karstenkoehler
Solución

Purpose of teams

resolver

Hi @OldBridge,

Teams work in combination with access permissions. By default, users have permissions to see all records. You can however change this to owned only or team only.

For team only, a user would only see records owned by themselves or by another member of their team – that's where the team comes in. (Ownership of records can be assigned in multiple ways, see here.)

So, for example, you have companies A, B, and C owned by user 1, and companies D, E, and F owned by user 2. If there's a third user whose permissions are set to "team only" and they're on the same team as user 1, they could also access A, B, and C. If user 2 joined the team, all of them could access A through F.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.