CRM

ploklue
Participant

Property to show number of qualified leads in an account

SOLVE

Hi There - 

Wondering if there is a way to create a property that includes the number of leads that an account has?

Say an account has 15 contacts, and 2 of those have engaged with us and we marked them as "qualified leads". I would like to set up a property to show the number of leads that the account has. In this case it would say 2. Is this possible?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dianalcont
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ploklue 

Have you considered building out a custom report? It might minimize your time spent digging for this information.

What I would do is:

• build a cross object report (contacts & companies)
  • add these properties – name (company) & lifecycle stage (contact)
  • add filters – contact lifecycle stage is lead & assoc. contacts is greater than or equal to 1
  • choose to display: Name (company) + Lifecycle stage (contact) measured by count of contacts
  • visualization should be a table

This will give you a list of company names and show you the number of contacts that are leads. You'll then be able to click into the number of contacts to display who those leads at a certain company are.

You'll have the data on demand instead of guess and check based on a custom property. This is just a start. You can play with the filters to only show target companies based on other properties.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how this works out for you or if you have follow-up questions!

Best,

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
dianalcont
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ploklue 

Have you considered building out a custom report? It might minimize your time spent digging for this information.

What I would do is:

• build a cross object report (contacts & companies)
  • add these properties – name (company) & lifecycle stage (contact)
  • add filters – contact lifecycle stage is lead & assoc. contacts is greater than or equal to 1
  • choose to display: Name (company) + Lifecycle stage (contact) measured by count of contacts
  • visualization should be a table

This will give you a list of company names and show you the number of contacts that are leads. You'll then be able to click into the number of contacts to display who those leads at a certain company are.

You'll have the data on demand instead of guess and check based on a custom property. This is just a start. You can play with the filters to only show target companies based on other properties.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how this works out for you or if you have follow-up questions!

Best,

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
ploklue
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @dianalcont ,

Thanks! Super helpful. Another question that would make this ideal. Is there a way for me to group the companies with leads (from the custom report you mentioned) by company owner also?

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
dianalcont

SOLVE

@ploklue Yes! It can be done! You'll have to add contact owner as one of the properties you want before you can add it to what you want to display. Once you do that...

Instead of choosing to display: name (company) + Lifecycle stage (contact) measured by count of contacts

Choose these instead: name (company) + contact owner (contact) measured by count of contacts.

Because we already have the filter for contact lifecycle stage = lead the display of stage is redundant! Now instead of a column labeled lead, you'll have a column for each contact owner with the lead count for each company.

I think this revised report will definitely serve you better!

Best,

Diana

Diana Contreras