CRM

design-culture
Participant

Property not allowing drop down options to be selected

SOLVE

I have created a new property that should allow me to select a 'yes' or 'no' answer from the drop down selection, however, it is only letting me write text in instead. I have checked on my managers account as he is superadmin and he has the dropdown menu option. 

I have spent about 2 hours with a very helpful guy on the chat who is at his whits end and doesnt know whats going on either as I have full CRM access. Any idea why the drop down option isn't working for me? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Issue: Multiple properties with the same name, one a text field, the other a dropdown

Solution: Remove the incorrect property from the view, add the dropdown version of the property to the view

Next step: Determine if the old (text box) field can be removed to avoid confusion in the future.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @design-culture,

I've never come across this.

Question: Was the property type ever changed? For example, was it originally a text box but changed to a dropdown?

Are you available for a screenshare/Zoom call this afternoon (EST)?

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
design-culture
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Josh, 

thanks for getting back to me on this. No it was never changed as far as I know. I have scheduled a call with you for this afternoon so fingers crossed we can get to the bottom of this. 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Issue: Multiple properties with the same name, one a text field, the other a dropdown

Solution: Remove the incorrect property from the view, add the dropdown version of the property to the view

Next step: Determine if the old (text box) field can be removed to avoid confusion in the future.

Josh

Josh Curcio