CRM

yatishm
Top Contributor

Property field mapping

SOLVE

Hi there

Is it possible to create a custom property that maps to values based on values in another property?

Example. If we have a country property, could we have a custom property that maps (nice pun 🙂 ) to the continent. Eg. if a contact's country is China, the continent property shows as Asia. If a contact's country is Paris, the continent property shows as Europe, ...

So the internal mapping would be something like:

"Afghanistan" > "Middle East",
"Albania" > "Europe",
"Algeria" > "Africa",
"American Samoa" > "North America",
"Andorra" > "Europe",
"Angola" > "Africa",
"Anguilla" > "North America",

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Property field mapping

SOLVE

Hello @yatishm,

If you have a pro account, you can accomplish this with workflows. You would use several yes/no branches to make this happen. Recently, I accomplished something similar with the IP timezone property to simplify it on the contact record. 

In your scenario, you may want to start by capturing the countries with the most visits/conversions/activity first, and then continue to build out the workflow with countries that don't already exist in the workflow.

If you'd like to talk through this a bit more, please feel free to add time to my calendar and we can discuss.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Josh
Solution

Property field mapping

SOLVE

Hello @yatishm,

If you have a pro account, you can accomplish this with workflows. You would use several yes/no branches to make this happen. Recently, I accomplished something similar with the IP timezone property to simplify it on the contact record. 

In your scenario, you may want to start by capturing the countries with the most visits/conversions/activity first, and then continue to build out the workflow with countries that don't already exist in the workflow.

If you'd like to talk through this a bit more, please feel free to add time to my calendar and we can discuss.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

-nic-
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Property field mapping

SOLVE

Hi Josh! 

We are looking to do this as well. The catch is, we'd like to map partial data from the email field to the company name field. 

For example: johnnyspizza@gmail.com --> company name: johnnys pizza

Think this is possible through a workflow? Just tell it to exclude the @gmail.com from the company name field?

0 Upvotes
hscomuser2345
Contributor

Property field mapping

SOLVE

Hey Josh! I have a different flavor of field mapping than the use case described by Yatishm.

If you're familiar with Field Mapping as its defined by SFDC (hope that's not a curseword around here 😉 ), what I'm trying to accomplish is very similar. If I create a Deal, I want to essentially "import" or map properties from the Contact record and have them display on the Deal record. Let's say an SDR sets an appointment with a specific prospect. The prospect's record would show a value like "Appointment Set Rep = Doug". If the AE then creates a legitimate opportunity after meeting with the prospect, then the Deal created would map the Appt Set Rep value from the corresponding record. 

In the workflow example you used, it would be pretty straightforward to apply it to the use case I outline here. The issue is that eventually you will have way too many if/thens to be feasibly navigated. To elaborate, another way I'd like to use this mapping is for mapping values within Multi-Parent, Multi-Child relationships. An example:

• Parent categories are: Inbound ; Outbound ; Referral ; Other ; Event
  • Child categories are: White Paper ; Webinar ; Contact Us ; ZoomInfo ; LinkedIn ; Employee ; Advisor ; Client ; etc....

In this scenario, as a new deal is created, I'd want the Deal properties to pull values from the Associated Contact properties. I.e., if the Contact is an Outbound lead generated from info we grabbed from ZoomInfo and we create a deal with that Contact, I'd want the deal to show "Outbound ; ZoomInfo". If I have 5 "parents" and 10 "children", the If/Thens would be absolutely insane and unweildy.

Does that make sense? Does this level of functionality exist within Hubspot? 

0 Upvotes