CRM

lisat2m
Top Contributor

Properties I set for contacts missing during import saying read only can't import

SOLVE

When trying to import a test file, I had selected original source, last activity date and days to close as contact properties. However, those come back as not matched because they are read only and no data can be imported to it. Does this just have to be manually entered? Why is this a property if you can't import info into this property? I am not following...help

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Properties I set for contacts missing during import saying read only can't import

SOLVE

Hello @lisat2m,

These properties are Hubspot Default properties that are automatically set by algorithms on the back end.  It is not possible to import data or manually change data in these read only properties.  Here is some information on the three properties that you mentioned.

Original Source - The first known source through which a contact found your website. Source is automatically set by HubSpot.  If you import a contact, then Hubspot automatically sets the original source to "Offline Sources".

Last Activity Date - The last time a note, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a contact. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on user actions in the contact record.

Days to Close - The days that elapsed from when a contact was created until they closed as a customer. This is set automatically by HubSpot and can be used for segmentation and reporting.

A workaround that might work for you could be to create custom properties similar to these so that you could import, or manually edit them.  If you're going to do this, I suggest naming them something a little different from the default properties to avoid any confusion. Here is some documentation on how to create a custom property.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @lisat2m,

These properties are Hubspot Default properties that are automatically set by algorithms on the back end.  It is not possible to import data or manually change data in these read only properties.  Here is some information on the three properties that you mentioned.

Original Source - The first known source through which a contact found your website. Source is automatically set by HubSpot.  If you import a contact, then Hubspot automatically sets the original source to "Offline Sources".

Last Activity Date - The last time a note, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a contact. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on user actions in the contact record.

Days to Close - The days that elapsed from when a contact was created until they closed as a customer. This is set automatically by HubSpot and can be used for segmentation and reporting.

A workaround that might work for you could be to create custom properties similar to these so that you could import, or manually edit them.  If you're going to do this, I suggest naming them something a little different from the default properties to avoid any confusion. Here is some documentation on how to create a custom property.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

0 Upvotes
loganansell

SOLVE

I have a similar question about the contact field 'Opting out of email marketing information'.  I want to include this field in a CSV file along with a large batch of contacts I am importing.  I don't want these contacts to receive marketing emails.  However, it's a read-only value.

I know how to batch update this value once the contacts are uploaded, but is there a way to during the import process?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks - that was helpful

0 Upvotes