CRM

JKieley

Proper way to Fast-Track Leads through Lifecycle stages?

SOLVE

I have a scenario where we sometimes get leads that come in really hot and essentially result in a closed deal after the first call we make with them (I wish they were all that easy but they are not). This happens before the lead is even validated by anyone so no stages are set. What I want to do however is force the contact through the proper LifeCycle Stages Lead-->MQL-->SQL-->OPT->Closed Won etc.. I want to make it super simple for the rep. closing the deal (i.e. Go from Lead to Customer) in one step but want to ensure for Lead Tracking/Reporting/Conversion rates etc. these are captured correctly and route through all the stages. It is not intuitiively obvious how to do this simply without running them through a bunch of stage workflows etc.. I also want to ensure the Company Stages sync. along with the contact (they are set to sync but not sure if they will synch correctly) I am sure I could figure out how to do this in 1 workflow but wanted others to weigh in first so I don't have spend too much time building and debugging things.

Any comments or guidance would be appreciated. Fairly new to HS.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JKieley,

The short answer is that – using only the default properties – this isn't possible. If a user selects a lifecycle stage value, there isn't any way to retroactively force the record through previous stages so that their dates are collected for reporting.

The only workaround I see and have implemented involves creating a second custom lifecycle stage property and making the actual default lifecycle stage property not editable and remove if from being displayed in records, views etc.

You would encourage users to only use your new custom lifecycle stage property (which is a clone of the original property).

In a contact-based workflow, you would then re-enroll contacts when this new property is known and use a value equals branch.

In each branch, you would then use the "Set property value" action and send the contact through each of the previous lifecycle stages (a contact can't go back so we can make use of that) up until they reach the value specified in the custom property.

karstenkoehler_0-1679635910159.png

Users would maintain the custom property, in reporting you can use the default property which would then be fully maintained.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JKieley,

The short answer is that – using only the default properties – this isn't possible. If a user selects a lifecycle stage value, there isn't any way to retroactively force the record through previous stages so that their dates are collected for reporting.

The only workaround I see and have implemented involves creating a second custom lifecycle stage property and making the actual default lifecycle stage property not editable and remove if from being displayed in records, views etc.

You would encourage users to only use your new custom lifecycle stage property (which is a clone of the original property).

In a contact-based workflow, you would then re-enroll contacts when this new property is known and use a value equals branch.

In each branch, you would then use the "Set property value" action and send the contact through each of the previous lifecycle stages (a contact can't go back so we can make use of that) up until they reach the value specified in the custom property.

karstenkoehler_0-1679635910159.png

Users would maintain the custom property, in reporting you can use the default property which would then be fully maintained.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JKieley

SOLVE

Thank you for taking the time to put this together. I appreciate it.