Product Reporting

Occasional Contributor

I've entered my list of products in the new module. Now, I'd like to pull a report on what's being proposed/sold. Is that possible?

13 Replies 13
Regular Contributor

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. Doesn't look like any of the reports are customizable this way. I am starting to think I will need to create a workflow that will auto populate a company property created for each item in the product library (which seems so duplicitive). I know the product library is relatively new module so perhaps the filtering off of it is just not there yet. Or maybe I'm missing something too. 

Occasional Contributor

How are you triggering a workflow when a product is added?

Regular Contributor
Sorry I never replied to this. I spoke too soon and was unable to tie it into a workflow. However I did experiment with just adding a custom property with a date field for each product thinking the sales rep could check off the product ordered with a date for forecasting. But that proved to be way too cumbersome. Too many products. So now I wait to see if Hubspot comes through with reporting functionality off the product fields. Fingers crossed.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I really need to be able to pull reports based on clients who purchased specific products. I assume this is coming, as the module is new. I'm still adding products to each deal with the hope that I'll be able to create filters, lists, and workflows someday. Otherwise, the module is not of much use to us.

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree! It's pretty much useless without the ability to report against it.

@hubspot, any inisght into the reporting functionality?

Regular Contributor

I've been tricked too. Now I enter all the products for every deal like a good data **bleep** but I don't get anything out of it. This feature was absolutely needed as it is more than basic for a CRM but turned out to be half-baked when released. How do you actually get any value out of it if you cannot report on it?

So currently doing double work also entering a custom field but if a customer orders several products it gets really tricky.

Occasional Contributor

Has HubSpot replied to anyone regarding this - we MUST be able to report against products.  It is a good idea, but causing a lot of work to report against now.  When will this feature be available?

Occasional Contributor

I haven't seen anything official yet.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

No HubSpot replies that I've seen - there's another thread that is also not seeing any feedback: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Better-reporting-for-Products/idi-p/36956

The one HubSpot moderator comment there is: "If there is progress on this a member of the product team will comment"

When the Product library was introduced, we eagerly adopted it and abandoned the custom properties we'd been using on deals.  Lesson learned.  Months later, we're no closer to having a clue as to any meaningful data. 

I can't tell what's being sold by our Sales Reps vs account reps (much less which specific rep), whether it's transactional or subscription based, how many products are included in a deal. 

Pretty difficult to run a sales operation without being able to customize this type of reporting.  And the two current canned reports provide no value without any of this customization. 

I've been hearing for months that improvements on this were coming... 

Meanwhile, I'm getting hammered for not being able to provide these insights.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for sharing your story and happy to hear I'm not the only one with some frustrations.

@hubspothelp any insight on how you plan to solve this?

New Contributor

I just upgraded our account to Sales Professional to get access to the product feature. Now that I've got the products setup and entered on the deals I can't pull any report and actually use the data - I feel like I've been robbed.

Regular Contributor

Ya, I agree. This feature is VERY misleading. Been doing a lot of socializing internally as to the benefits of this feature, but we can't do ANY forecast reporting using the data, so now I need to backtrack to the team. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hey Pat -

Are you trying trying to report on product line items with HubSpot CRM?  I'm the COO at Rekener, and our app, Sales Rep Scorecards, syncs automatically with HubSpot and allows you to create significantly more advanced reports than you can in HubSpot -- including reporting on products by rep, by account, etc.  We are a HubSpot Connect partner.

Here's a recent review from one of our customers who just solved this problem using Sales Rep Scorecards. 

https://www.g2.com/products/rekener-sales-rep-scorecards/reviews/rekener-sales-rep-scorecards-review...

Let me know if you'd be interested in checking it out!

All the best,

Greg

0 Upvotes