CRM

pedroclivati1
Participant

Product Events as Properties

SOLVE

Hey there.
I use properties as a way to measure product engagement. So for example, if a user completes an action in our product, that generates an event on segment which consequently populates a property on HubSpot.
Those properties are always numeral, so we can count the number of times an event has happened.
Sales team prioritizes their approach based on trials/freemiums with more events. That's working well (PQL)
However, the customer service team works in the opposite direction: the lack of events happening.
I was wondering what would be the best way to approach this.
For example: - If an specific event has not happened in 7 days, then do X;

1 Accepted solution
JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Most times I build it into a date field criteria, and you have a lot of options such as doing Is more than X days ago.  Making sure the criteria work for re-enrollment so it can be assessed multiple times over history is important as well.  I find no matter how much time I spend building workflows and processes there is always an edge case or exception. You end up just planning best we can right? 

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Good morning,

Thanks for the ping, Sharon. As for the question, assuming you are leveraging workflow here, would it be possible to also be setting critical dates for the last action or important date? This way you could have an action/task kickoff via workflow if a certain number of days passes without something happening. The last date was 7+ days ago, fire off this repeatable process to the correct team.

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
pedroclivati1
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Justin.

At the end of the day, I was able to find an option on the workflow called "has not happened in X days" which suits my case perfectly. It does not work for every case though, since this option wasn't showing up before.

JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Most times I build it into a date field criteria, and you have a lot of options such as doing Is more than X days ago.  Making sure the criteria work for re-enrollment so it can be assessed multiple times over history is important as well.  I find no matter how much time I spend building workflows and processes there is always an edge case or exception. You end up just planning best we can right? 

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @pedroclivati1 

I hope you are well! I'll tag a few of our experts that can share their thoughts with you.

Hey @Josh @JustinPerkinsC @mike-ward anything you would like to share with @pedroclivati1?  

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes