CRM

Muhammed-Elamir
Contributor

Problem in assiggning contacts

Hello, 

we are using hubspot free plan 

i have main account, and always iam assigning contacts to my team members.

today when assign contacts, my team mwmbers got notifictions, but contacts didnot appear in their accounts.

i tried saveral ways, but i didnot understand this problem ,

0 Upvotes
15 Replies 15
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @Muhammed-Elamir,

Could you please provide more details?

• Where exactly are your team members looking for these records? On the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts)? If so, have they made sure they're looking at an unfiltered page?
    karstenkoehler_0-1675419251518.png
  • When you share a link to the contact record with them directly (copied from the address bar in your browser), can they open it?
  • When you're assigning contacts to other users, are you updating the Contact owner property? (Only owner properties influence view access permissions. If you have a custom dropdown, for example, that wouldn't do anything.)

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Muhammed-Elamir
Contributor

Hi @karstenkoehler 

1. my team are looking on the contacts sections yes, also there are no filter there 
  2. when i share direct contact link to one of them, they can open it 
  3. yes iam updating contact owner, and this working perfect good with me tell today 
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @Muhammed-Elamir,

If your users are looking at an unfiltered view and can open the link, they should be able to find a contact through the search. Can you confirm that this is definitely not working?

karstenkoehler_0-1675420671792.png

If it's not, can you please have your users try and delete cache and cookies in their browser?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Muhammed-Elamir
Contributor

yes contacts are not filtered, but nothing appeared, also i deleted the cache and cookies for one of them , but didnot work also 

the second point is when i filter un assigned contact in main account, those contacts appeared in un assigned filter but also they have company owner 

i didnot konow this problem 

i will share aphoto for this

finaL.png

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @Muhammed-Elamir,

In your screenshot, there is a filter. Can you please click Clear all and then use the search bar to look for the contact?

I'm certain that your users will see the contact if they remove all filters and then use the search bar.

There may also be a misunderstanding regarding Contact owner and Company owner. If you assign someone a company, they will not automatically be assigned the contacts. This is not linked.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Muhammed-Elamir
Contributor

The Previous Screen Shot is From Admin Account to show when make Unassigned Filter, contacts always shown there.as you see you will find contact owner

i checked all users accounts, no filter and no assigned  contacts after 01/02/2023 are shown .

is this may be because we are using free plan ?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @Muhammed-Elamir,

No, this is not a free CRM issue.

Just to confirm:

1. You have a contact record that both you (admin) and the user can access when you share the link with them.
  2. You update the contact property Contact owner and assign the contact to the user by doing so.
  3. After doing so, the user is still able to open the link from step 1.
  4. The user opens Menu > Contacts > Contacts and looks at an unfiltered view ( = Clear all). When they search for the email address in the search bar in the top left corner of the index page, the search does not return the contact.

Is all of the above correct? If that's the case, please share a screenshot of the contact index page and a screenshot of the contact record that shows the Contact owner property.

Potential misunderstandings:

• Contact owner and Company owner are not linked in any way.
  • Filtering for assigned contacts is also a filter. Please, as a first step, remove all filters and confirm whether the user can see the contact or not.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Muhammed-Elamir
Contributor

yes, all four points are correct

Screenshot-2023-02-03-at-4.24.44-PM.pngScreenshot-2023-02-03-at-4.28.46-PM.png

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @Muhammed-Elamir,

This unfortunately seems to be a bug then. Could you please also share the screenshot of the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), showing the search field including the email address of the contact + the lack of results?

karstenkoehler_0-1675427673781.png

We can then tag a community manager.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Muhammed-Elamir
Contributor

hi @karstenkoehler 

thats screen shot for the lack of results when search in team member account ,

003.png

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Thank you, @Muhammed-Elamir.

@kvlschaefer, I've tried everything to rule out potential issues, this seems to be a bug. Could you help with investigating this?

Karsten Köhler

Muhammed-Elamir
Contributor

@karstenkoehler  honestly i appreciate your help 🙏

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the tag @karstenkoehler ! This is indeed unexpected behavior. 

@Muhammed-Elamir could you send me your account ID and email address in a direct message via my Community profile I'll have a closer look at this with our support team. Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Muhammed-Elamir
Contributor

Hi @kvlschaefer i shared the required information in a message .

thanks for your help.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muhammed-Elamir,

You're very welcome!

We've flagged this behavior with our product experts who are currently investigating this issue. They've shared this update with us:

"We've identified an issue where some object data is not up to date for some customers. We've addressed the problem and are updating all data from the last 24 hours that was affected. This may take a few hours to complete."

Thank you again for reporting this to us @Muhammed-Elamir and @karstenkoehler

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes