CRM

EPitzaferro
Participante

Private Contacts/Companies.

resolver

Hi,

I am trying to set up a way for only certain Users to view a small group of contacts without other Users being able to view it. How would I do this? Would it be a team? I'm quite confused and could use a hand.

Any help and/or tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ethan

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @EPitzaferro,

If you want a group of users to be able to view contacts, then you'd work with teams, correct.

It sounds like this first group of users should be able to see all contacts and companies. This would be Team A. Everyone else (Team B) should be able see all contacts except the segment of contacts that is only visible to Team A?

In that case, the Team A could have these permissions. All of their contacts / companies must be assigned to one or multiple users from Team A.

karstenkoehler_0-1624982661564.png

Everyone else would be in Team B and get permissions like the ones below:

karstenkoehler_1-1624982695153.png

Team A can now see everything. Team B can now only see contacts that are owned by them or unassigned – which excludes the contacts owned by Team A.

Let me know if I got your request right and if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
himanshurauthan
Autoridade no assunto | Parceiro Elite
Autoridade no assunto | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Hello @EPitzaferro,

Firstly, you need to change the permission of users Let's say you have two teams and you want that both the teams should have different contacts but both cannot see each other’s contacts. In this case, you need to give them the permission of the Team Only for contacts and companies. 

Now as they have Team Only permissions so we need to assign the contact owner either manually or automatically. Let's say you want to assign contacts coming from a specific HubSpot form submission then you can write a small workflow adding trigger of that form submission. Then in the next step add one action to Rotate contact in between the teams and in this action, you will get an option to select the team you want to assign the contact to.

So in this way on form submission, those contacts are distributed to users of a specific team and similarly, you can do for other teams as well. 

Best Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @EPitzaferro,

If you want a group of users to be able to view contacts, then you'd work with teams, correct.

It sounds like this first group of users should be able to see all contacts and companies. This would be Team A. Everyone else (Team B) should be able see all contacts except the segment of contacts that is only visible to Team A?

In that case, the Team A could have these permissions. All of their contacts / companies must be assigned to one or multiple users from Team A.

karstenkoehler_0-1624982661564.png

Everyone else would be in Team B and get permissions like the ones below:

karstenkoehler_1-1624982695153.png

Team A can now see everything. Team B can now only see contacts that are owned by them or unassigned – which excludes the contacts owned by Team A.

Let me know if I got your request right and if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.