CRM

fierceweek
Contributor

Prioritizing a contact owner when merging (or preventing a notification when updating)

Currently cleaning up many, many duplicates caused by imports by users. I suspect the answer is no but is there any way to prioritize a  specific contact owner when merging? I know that it's based upon the most recently updated value; however, I want the oldest contact owner to remain. 

Alternatively, is there a way to prevent a notification from being shot out when updating contact owners? After I merge contacts, I need to update the contact owner to the correct one. Each time I do this, this is no doubt sending out a notification that a contact has been "assigned".   

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Prioritizing a contact owner when merging (or preventing a notification when updating)

Hi @fierceweek,

No, there is unfortunately not. As you found correctly already, the most recent value will be picked. If you want to avoid that, you would have to manually assign the owner before merging.

In terms of notifications, Professional and Enterprise subscriptions let you create notification presets – deciding on behalf of users what they should be notified about. However, this would then not just apply a merged contact but all contacts: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/create-notification-profiles

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

fierceweek
Contributor

Thank you for the quick answer! Is there a way to refresh the Contact Owner field (i.e. it's currently set for Peter Parker - if I re-save it as Peter Parker, it's now the most recently updated value)? It doesn't look like this is the case but not sure if there's a workaround.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @fierceweek,

Wouldn't it be easier to include the contact owner in the comparison pop-up, merging, and then manually updating it in the target record?

It's the same amount of clicks / additional steps.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

fierceweek
Contributor

Easier for me but doesn't prevent the notification that's being sent out to contact owners when I assign it back to the correct owner. I'm trying to avoid assignment to the wrong contact owner in order to avoid the unnecessary notifications. As a result of cleaning up duplicates, quite a few of these are going out. 

0 Upvotes