CRM

JStenbaek
Contributor

Price calculator for reps.

SOLVE

Hi All

I need to create a pricing calculator for our reps the price is based on 4 properties and not that complex. I see multiple solutions but I would like to hear if any of you have any experience with what to do and what not to do etc.

Possible solutions 

G-sheet attached to the deal

Custom Object

Add extra properties to the deals, and one calculation property 

any other?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JStenbaek,

If it's a basic calculation, I'd go with the last option: custom properties and a calculation. I've done this in the past and it has worked very well.

Josh

Thanks for the ping @PamCotton  

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@JStenbaek 

If I am understanding correctly, we currently use Products to achieve the price. You are able to calculate and create products to use on deals and then pull lists/report on. You would create products for each of the calculations of the four products and this will allow anyone with a (paid) Sales Pro seat to quickly add to deals. I see you have Enterprise, do you also have Sales Pro seats/ would be willing to get Sales Pro seats for everyone who would need access? If not, you could also use calculation properties without extra $ to do this as well. Please @ me and I would be happy to assist you further based on some more information. 🙂

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
NEloy-Agres8
Participant

SOLVE

Hello all, does anybody have any ideas for complex pricing calculators for reps? We currently do everything within Excel and then manual input the amount per servive in Hubspot. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @NEloy-Agres8, do you mind creating a new post in our Community?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps, since this post is old I want to make sure we have the most updated information for your specific case.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@JStenbaek 

If I am understanding correctly, we currently use Products to achieve the price. You are able to calculate and create products to use on deals and then pull lists/report on. You would create products for each of the calculations of the four products and this will allow anyone with a (paid) Sales Pro seat to quickly add to deals. I see you have Enterprise, do you also have Sales Pro seats/ would be willing to get Sales Pro seats for everyone who would need access? If not, you could also use calculation properties without extra $ to do this as well. Please @ me and I would be happy to assist you further based on some more information. 🙂

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
JStenbaek
Contributor

SOLVE

I am actually considering creating a playbook that submits the 4 properties on the deal, then the AE's have a nice user interface to put in the information.

Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JStenbaek,

If it's a basic calculation, I'd go with the last option: custom properties and a calculation. I've done this in the past and it has worked very well.

Josh

Thanks for the ping @PamCotton  

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @JStenbaek , how are you? I will be adding some top experts into this conversation, @Josh , @karstenkoehler , @StefaniUAT  what would you recommend to @JStenbaek matter?

Thank you very much,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes