CRM

Afd-mark
Participant | Elite Partner

Prevent overwriting of contact name after filling in form

SOLVE

Hi,

A customer of ours has several existing contacts who regularly request something. They fill in a letter instead of their full first name. This overrides their first name.

Is there a way that their first name won't be overwritten anymore?

Now they receive an email with Dear A. And the contact owner won't see all of their contacts to adjust it on time before we send the email. We want to prevent this.

Thanks!

Leanne

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Afd-mark,

It's not possible to define how exactly a form field should update the value of a property. If this is a recurring issue, I'd recommend creating an additional field, e.g. 'First name (for forms)', which can be copied via contact-based workflow into the actual first name field if the actual first name field is empty.

This would of course still have a manual element but it would ensure that a known first name is not overwritten.

Let me know if you need help with the workflow, happy to draft it here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Afd-mark,

It's not possible to define how exactly a form field should update the value of a property. If this is a recurring issue, I'd recommend creating an additional field, e.g. 'First name (for forms)', which can be copied via contact-based workflow into the actual first name field if the actual first name field is empty.

This would of course still have a manual element but it would ensure that a known first name is not overwritten.

Let me know if you need help with the workflow, happy to draft it here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Afd-mark

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, this was also what I was thinking. 

0 Upvotes