CRM

JackWyndham
Participant

Prevent deletion based on contact properties

SOLVE

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone is aware of any methods that would allow me to either prevent contacts being deleted based on certain contact properties or show some kind of warning before they are deleted?

Eg. This contact is a valuable lead, are you sure you want to delete them?

Cheers,

Jack

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JackWyndham,

Unfortunately not, no. If a user has deletion permissions, they can delete contacts without warning.

If you're on a Professional subscription, you could consider not giving delete permissions to anyone and set up a custom property that users can use to request a deletion. You can then create a workflow which enrolls these contacts. In an if/then branch, you can check whether a contact qualifies for deletion (based on the custom properties you mentioned). If they don't, you can send an internal email notification to the owner about declining the deletion request. If they do, you would delete the contact.

Let me know if I should go into more detail for this workaround.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JackWyndham
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, I suspected that was the case. Neat little idea for a work around though, thank you! 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JackWyndham,

Unfortunately not, no. If a user has deletion permissions, they can delete contacts without warning.

If you're on a Professional subscription, you could consider not giving delete permissions to anyone and set up a custom property that users can use to request a deletion. You can then create a workflow which enrolls these contacts. In an if/then branch, you can check whether a contact qualifies for deletion (based on the custom properties you mentioned). If they don't, you can send an internal email notification to the owner about declining the deletion request. If they do, you would delete the contact.

Let me know if I should go into more detail for this workaround.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.