CRM

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Prepopulating Radio Select

SOLVE

I set up a custom field "Practice has email" is is a radio select of yes or no.  It sometimes prepopulates with "yes" when I want to fill it in. I am not sure what the trigger is as I just set up a contact and it was present yet when I search there is a contact who came from an email which was not populated. Since this field needs manually checking there was a filter for unknown, therefore, I did not catch the anomaly till now.  I did think it was odd when I went to check and there were so many false positives. 

I have CRM Free version, no workflows, nothing special. No other radio select items prepopulate.  I can change to a dropdown, but...

Any insights? @MFrankJohnson @jennysowyrda 

practice 1.pngpractice 2.png

Thanks.

'

Chris

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hey Chris, it's not entirely clear why those radio options are pre-selecting (in your case). However, pre-selection can be normal behavior under certain conditions.

- If the HubSpot forms options setting to pre-populate fields with known values is enabled, and that value is already 'known' by HubSpot.

HubSpot Form OptionsHubSpot Form Options

- If the visitor's browser is set to autofill forms (with remembered info). This sometimes causes fields to populate (or not to populate) unpredictably.

- If the page is cached by the browser (and other conditions are met). This one is anyone's guess. Browser caching, while very helpful to improve page load speed for frequently visited pages still leaves much to be desired.

Any of the above will make the form pre-select based on data already known by either HubSpot or the browser. One way to quickly test this pre-selecting behavior is to open that page with the form from another browser (or incognito window). If no pre-selection occurs, one or more of the above mentioned scenarios are probably at play.

Hope that helps.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Our original answer should've included one additional point and emphasized another.

- HubSpot forms use cookies to help identify first-time (and returning) visitors.
This means, if more than one email address is used from the same device against a HubSpot form, the form will update the current contact (identified in the cookie). This behavior could result in form fields appearing pre-selected for a contact (other than your intended target) and is the HubSpot default setting.

- The 'Pre-populate fields with known values' switch is also enabled by default.
- see image

HubSpot Form Options (default settings)HubSpot Form Options (default settings)

Hope that helps.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
cminamax

SOLVE

This is also what I was looking for in my mobile online radio at radiofrench.fr  They are certainly quite interesting, aren't they?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hey Chris, it's not entirely clear why those radio options are pre-selecting (in your case). However, pre-selection can be normal behavior under certain conditions.

- If the HubSpot forms options setting to pre-populate fields with known values is enabled, and that value is already 'known' by HubSpot.

HubSpot Form OptionsHubSpot Form Options

- If the visitor's browser is set to autofill forms (with remembered info). This sometimes causes fields to populate (or not to populate) unpredictably.

- If the page is cached by the browser (and other conditions are met). This one is anyone's guess. Browser caching, while very helpful to improve page load speed for frequently visited pages still leaves much to be desired.

Any of the above will make the form pre-select based on data already known by either HubSpot or the browser. One way to quickly test this pre-selecting behavior is to open that page with the form from another browser (or incognito window). If no pre-selection occurs, one or more of the above mentioned scenarios are probably at play.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks, @MFrankJohnson Good to know.  I will monitor as those conditions do not apply.

Happy Thursday!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Our original answer should've included one additional point and emphasized another.

- HubSpot forms use cookies to help identify first-time (and returning) visitors.
This means, if more than one email address is used from the same device against a HubSpot form, the form will update the current contact (identified in the cookie). This behavior could result in form fields appearing pre-selected for a contact (other than your intended target) and is the HubSpot default setting.

- The 'Pre-populate fields with known values' switch is also enabled by default.
- see image

HubSpot Form Options (default settings)HubSpot Form Options (default settings)

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com