Calling

FPiedra
Participant

Phone numbers missing on Hubspot

Hi community! During the last weeks I imported some leads in a xlsx file (all of them have phone numbers). But once the contacts are in Hubspot, some of them have the number and others don't. I couldn't find a pattern because some has the symbol +, some others don't. Did this happen to anyone else?

Thank you!

0 Votes
4 Réponses
FPiedra
Participant

Hi @webdew and @Josh ,

Thanks for the quick response. The first thing I did was to check the error file but there isn't one (picture attached). I selected the phone number property to import, but I checked the mobile phone number property like you suggested and it's blank. 

I couldn't find a pattern because some phone numbers in the xlsx file starts with +54 (argentinian code), other start directly with the state code. The strange thing is that some numbers that start with +54 imported succesfully to Hubspot and some numbers that start with the area code did as well.

Thank you,

Captura de Pantalla 2021-10-22 a la(s) 08.45.50.png

0 Votes
FPiedra
Participant

I think I should import only the state code (without the country code) to avoid future situations like this. I just realized that all numbers that don't start with +54 imported successfully and only some that start with the country code did. I tried with a contact and the app allows you to make a call even if the country code is missing (all of our customers are in Argentina)

0 Votes
webdew
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Hi @FPiedra ,

There are two HubSpot default properties, phone number and mobile phone number. Check the other property alos, you might have mapped the other property and might be checking the other property.
If you have imported them in the right column ans unable to see, then as suggested by @Josh , download the error file and check whet went wrong.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

0 Votes
Josh
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Platinum
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Hi @FPiedra,

After importing the contacts you are able to see an error file. If the phone numbers weren't imported for some reason,  it will show on this error file. You would have to modify those values so they are not rejected for whatever reason it shows.

I have not come across an issue (aside from user error) in which some numbers are imported, some are not unless there is an issue with the source data. 

I hope this helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer