Phone Number Search

SOLVE
New Contributor

How often do you get missed calls with no message? There should be a way to search a mobile number or direct line and it link you directly to the prospect. It already does this with email why not phone numbers too?

CRM
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Product Team

This feature already exists Smiley Happy Whether searching from the search bar in the top navigation menu, or the Contacts dashboard, entering a phone number will return any contacts who have that number as their phone number.

0 Upvotes
17 Replies 17
Occasional Contributor

It would be great if search function in the CRM also searched phone/mobile fields. This means you could check incoming or missed calls against database. The benefit would be much better preparation for incoming calls and call backs where no message was left.

Occasional Contributor

We recently signed up for HubSpot. Given that we are a telecom company all our customers are identified with phone numbers. Most of which have over 10 numbers on their account. Because of the limitation on the search fuction, with both the global search and other searches that only limit to 3 searchable fields we simply cant use this system. While Hubspot is trying to figure out a solution im stuck paying for 2 systems. This really needs to be resolved quickly. 

This is such an obvious feature for any CRM. Our own platform even does it, its easy. Please implement

New Contributor

115% this should be a feature.

HubSpot Product Team

This feature already exists Smiley Happy Whether searching from the search bar in the top navigation menu, or the Contacts dashboard, entering a phone number will return any contacts who have that number as their phone number.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It does already exist but does not work very well - can we see this updated in the future?

New Contributor
Hello:

I'm a recent convert from SalesForce / Marketo -- got into hubspot and it's surprisingly solid functionality, but REALLY you cannot search for a phone number? I’m surprised at that so I’m looking for the solution... You should be able to search many common fields -- names, company names phone numbers, streets, etc.

I've tried to go to the search bar and search for say "6400" (last four digits of an inbound phone Num, and it IS in one of my contact records ... but it says "create contact for 6400" seems weird.

Please share the “workaround” if any, for this -- do you say, have to create a filter to search in each phone field ?

As previous posts have stated, you really need to have this capability to deal with inbounds.
Top Contributor

yes now it seems to work :-) befor it wasn't

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

it does only if you make the number searchable. You can only have 3 searchable fields. What it the contact has 10 numbers?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

No it does not. http://prntscr.com/fr1twa 

Regular Contributor

Agreed, this does not seem to work for me either.  

We should be able to search secondary or mobile numbers from the main search bar and no have to go into contacts and set up a filter. The filter thing works, but it takes longer. When someon is call you, you should be able to quickly search for their contact info. Also, When you do search a primary number, you have enter "-" or "()" instead of just typing in the number. I remember having to do this with the old program I used at my other job which was made in 1984. 

Regular Contributor

Agree. Search does not include mobile phone numbers. Idea status should be changed from "already exists."

New Contributor
It’s a must have
tlo
Occasional Contributor

The current search functionality only works if the number on the contact record matches the search term exactly.  For example, if I search for 07123 456789, I'll only find the contact if it appears in the contact record as 07123 456789.
I appreciate this sounds likely a fantastically obvious thing to say, but I also want to find contacts if their number appears in the record as, e.g.

+447123456789

I'm also not sure whether the current functionality ignores spaces or not.

Top Contributor

IT not work for compagny even with the filter :-/

Occasional Contributor

Search by phone would be amazing!