CRM

EKopec
Participant

Personas

Hello, We did not start utilizing the persona property until we were already 1 year into using HubSpot, which means we have several thousand (7,000) contacts with no persona. Any advice on cleaning up this property for those contacts?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Personas

Hi @EKopec,

First off, you don't have to use the persona field. You can theoretically simply ignore it.

If you do use it, you should define what exactly makes each persona and ideally those criteria correspond to HubSpot contact and company properties.

Once you have these criteria, you can set up a contact-based workflow that enrolls contacts based on the criteria and then uses the "Set property value" workflow action to update the contact accordingly: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/create-workflows

For example, a contact with job title X at a company with company size Y might be persona Z. You'd first have to come up with those rules, then create a workflow that implements these rules and iterates through all contacts to mark them as personas correspondingly.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EKopec
Participant

Personas

This is great feedback. I had not thought about that. Just to clarify, this is something we can set up to automatically update older contacts. Moving forward, it's a required field in our CRM.

Thanks
0 Upvotes