CRM

HerveFR
Participant

Personalize snippet or email template using condition

SOLVE

Hello everybody,

In french, we do lots of differences when writing to a man or a woman (like adding a "e" at the end of some verbs when writing to a woman : "tu es invitée / you're invited").

All my contacts have a  Man / Women boolean field.

So, is it possible to add a personalized condition to a snippet, like "if the field of the contact is Man, then write invitée, otherwise write invité" ?

Same question for email templates, of course !

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @HerveFR,

I've just tried and can add personalisation tokens to all email templates, not just sequence emails.  

AdamLPW_0-1631289901485.png

Hopefully, this works for you too... 🤞

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @HerveFR,

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible.  There are two potential solutions for your use case:

1 - Set up two of each template/snippet, one for each gender... (yeah, not an attractive prospect!)

2 - Use Personalisation Tokens within your templates (N.B., I don't think this works for snippets, only email templates...

In the above, you could use a personalisation token as follows:

"tu es invitée/tu es invité"

On producing an email, you will be prompted to replace the placeholder, and can remove the extra text depending on the recipient's gender.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
0 Upvotes
HerveFR
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @AdamLPW 

Apparently personalisation token only works for sequence emails, not for templates and snippets.

Am I right ? If so, I'll have to write 2 templates/snippets, one for each gender ... 😞

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @HerveFR,

I've just tried and can add personalisation tokens to all email templates, not just sequence emails.  

AdamLPW_0-1631289901485.png

Hopefully, this works for you too... 🤞