CRM

KellieM
Participante

Permissions: Companies/ Contacts and Pipeline

resolver

Hi all  - i've had a good browse through the board and wondered if there were any updates yet around permissions for pipeline visibility.

My scenario is this:  I have a team of 12 sales people. I want the entire team to be able to see all Companies/ Contacts to avoid adding duplicate records and enable them to see who is working which account  BUT I only want Record Owners to be able to edit the Company/ Contact record  account and only Record Owners to be able to see  the deals associated with the account.

I've testing using the attached permissions but it seems once you can view everything at the company/ contact level you can view everything within? 

Permissions - Hubspot.JPG

Anyone have similar issues?  Any suggestions?   Any updates i have missed?

Thanks

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @KellieM,

That's correct, if a user has view access to a record, they can see all information on that record. There currently isn't any option to restrict the view access to parts of a record. Another user has already requested that this be incorporated: Restrict specific contact record fields to admins I'd recommend adding your requirements to that thread. The more context and the more likes, the higher the likelihood that the product team reviews it.

As far as the editing permission go, you seem to have that covered.

You're also referring to pipeline visibility, this was recently introduced. Under Settings > Objects > Deals > Pipelines, you can manage access to certain pipelines. The settings here however don't affect object access – merely the access specifically to the pipeline view:

karstenkoehler_0-1624958141375.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Happy to help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @KellieM,

That's correct, if a user has view access to a record, they can see all information on that record. There currently isn't any option to restrict the view access to parts of a record. Another user has already requested that this be incorporated: Restrict specific contact record fields to admins I'd recommend adding your requirements to that thread. The more context and the more likes, the higher the likelihood that the product team reviews it.

As far as the editing permission go, you seem to have that covered.

You're also referring to pipeline visibility, this was recently introduced. Under Settings > Objects > Deals > Pipelines, you can manage access to certain pipelines. The settings here however don't affect object access – merely the access specifically to the pipeline view:

karstenkoehler_0-1624958141375.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Happy to help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.