Percentage on deals

MickGold61

Does any know if there is a way to change the win probability percentage default on deals. Right now the lowest percentage is 10% in a stage and we'd like to go lower? 

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
nattyice
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MickGold61!

Thanks for your post! Currently in the tool, deal probabilities for stages can only be adjusted in increments of ten, or won/lost. There is no way to manually override the percentages in the dropdown at this time.

I understand this may cause some frustration, so please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or if I can help in any other way!

0 Upvotes
MickGold61

Thanks for the answer. I would recommend you allow users to enter any percentage and not just begin at 10% and increase by 10. 

MonetiseSport
Participant

This seems to be an issue for a lot of users. 
@nattyice
Can you please explain to us the reasoning behind Hubspot refusing to create a manual overwrite for 10%. 

As it completley makes deal reporting to management scewed and useless and creates a lot of C management level problems and issues. 
They are in the end the ones tasked with budget allocation. 

Shaunyim
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of Sarah Beckett

We want our probabilities to be more granular (1, 2, 4, 8, etc.)

0 Upvotes
SarahAB
Participant

Agreed. this is critical for us to get more granular in our forecasting. 

MonetiseSport
Participant

Sarah or anyone else

Has anyone had any feedback from Hubspot regarding this issue. 
I'm mean the core problem for me is not 0% since 0& is an impossiblity in of itself

But At least being able to use the whole percentage spectrum. 

For suoer Cold outbound outreach our first interraction is at the moment around 1% for closed deals. 

0 Upvotes
Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot community, 

Thank you for your continued feedback. I'm excited to let you know that, as of a few minutes ago, custom win amounts are now supported in the HubSpot CRM. To build a custom amount, visit pipeline settings and then the win probability dropdown, type in a custom amount. Then, enter a custom win probability for a given stage - that’s all! 

All of us on the HubSpot Product Team are excited to see how you use this new functionality to help grow your business! 

AIIR

Is there a way to adjust the win percentage but keep it in the same pipeline stage?  For example, a deal may be "Proposal Sent" which puts the deal at 40% on average for us.  But in some cases we know that it is not 40% and is more like a 10%.  But because of our workflows, we need to keep the deal in the Proposal Sent stage versus moving it to the Scoping stage.